• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

GLC43 AMG - This sounds and looks good!

That's a great review of your initial impression with lots of positive feedback which is reassuring as like yourself, I am also on the verge of placing an order unseen! Seems like we both made similar choices and comparisons but we ended up opting for the GLC43 Coupe. I was a little nervous about placing an order without a test drive but did drive the GLC220d coupe to give us a feel for the car. We are coming out of an ML which so a downsize for us although rear visibility isn't great. As for the 360 camera, it was included as a no cost option on the configurator and my supplying dealer also confirmed this so surprised it isn't the same on the GLC43.

As for spec, we have been torn between Diamond White and Obsidian Black - it looks gorgeous in Black but we fancy a change as the last few cars have all been in black including the ML! So as it stands it's going to be Diamond White, Premium pack, lane tracking package, 21 inch wheels, Cranberry/black leather, Carbon fibre console and running boards. Didn't opt for the night pack as want to keep the exhaust tips chrome (even thought they are fake tips!)

Hoping to confirm the order today with delivery in March.

Keep us updated with your experience especially performance as it should be nicely run in by now . Would be good now how you are finding the exhaust note, my wife will be behind the wheel fir the most part and I'm really hoping it doesn't too boy racer!

Nice :)

Have you tested out the consumption yet ?

I know the AMG is not about it but it's not bad to know.

We've mainly been driving B roads around where we are, and it is hilly. So low twenties for now. But Sport+ mode is so addictive, if we were in comfort more often and did some motorway driving it would be better undoubtedly.

That's a great review of your initial impression with lots of positive feedback which is reassuring as like yourself, I am also on the verge of placing an order unseen! Seems like we both made similar choices and comparisons but we ended up opting for the GLC43 Coupe. I was a little nervous about placing an order without a test drive but did drive the GLC220d coupe to give us a feel for the car. We are coming out of an ML which so a downsize for us although rear visibility isn't great. As for the 360 camera, it was included as a no cost option on the configurator and my supplying dealer also confirmed this so surprised it isn't the same on the GLC43.

As for spec, we have been torn between Diamond White and Obsidian Black - it looks gorgeous in Black but we fancy a change as the last few cars have all been in black including the ML! So as it stands it's going to be Diamond White, Premium pack, lane tracking package, 21 inch wheels, Cranberry/black leather, Carbon fibre console and running boards. Didn't opt for the night pack as want to keep the exhaust tips chrome (even thought they are fake tips!)

Hoping to confirm the order today with delivery in March.

Keep us updated with your experience especially performance as it should be nicely run in by now . Would be good now how you are finding the exhaust note, my wife will be behind the wheel fir the most part and I'm really hoping it doesn't too boy racer!

Cool - I doubt you'll notice the downsize on the interior. Sure, compared to the GL we lost the third row of seats, but find the rear bench and front seats very spacious.

Sounds a nice combination you are building. I've never had a black car before, and I think this will be the last. I have to wash it every week :(

The exhaust is starting to get run in now, and yet even in comfort mode it is a bit louder, but also deeper. Definitely noticeable it is something special. When you use Sport+ it howls and is just lovely. My daughter said she could hear me two blocks away from school. And all the boys were asking what it is, and how awesome it sounds.

It is hard to explain - as it is original and an AMG it doesn't come across as boy racer. And when in comfort mode it is as comfortable as my big GL was.

It is a real Tardis as well, so small on the outside - you will notice that following the ML, but very comfortable and spacious on the inside.

Go for it :)

Sounds like the perfect combination of practicality coupled with fun performance with the added benefit of reasonable MPG in return. Cheers for the feedback especially on the exhaust note - looking forward to my delivery in March.

Oh and I know all about cleaning black cars but the end result is so worth the effort :-)

Question now remains is whether I part with my much loved face lift CLK55 convertible as I'm not sure the other half will approve of two AMGs on the drive! I really don't want to let it go as it is a 2006 model so one of the last ones made and only has 43k miles so a very rare beast. However, I suspect it will need to be replaced with something a little more sensible :-(

Sensible would be keeping it in my opinion :)

I meant it is a fantastic and unique car. The GLC is the sensible family car ... Well it is for us...

Haha - I completely agree. Unfortunately the wife doesn't quite share the same mentality although I think she can be convinced :-)

In the meanwhile, I'm looking to forward to this....

Attachments

• image-2226844357.jpg
    image-2226844357.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 27
Looks great :)

Be aware though that whilst the running boards look good, they are functionally pretty useless but not just that, as you don't need them to stand on, there are lots of reports of people who dirty their trousers due to their positioning.

We had a similar 'issue' with our outgoing GL, never used them other than washing the car, but always had to be careful to really step away from the vehicle not to get dirty.

Hence I didn't order those on the GLC

To be honest, they are there purely for aesthetic reasons but I'm now thinking if it's worth the agro. I still have time to change the spec so something to ponder over I guess. Thanks for the advice...

if used as designed, running boards should keep your trousers clean, as you step over the dirtiest bits.

I do find the the latest generation cars have narrower running boards though, which makes the less easy to use, but easier to not use.

if used as designed, running boards should keep your trousers clean, as you step over the dirtiest bits.

I do find the the latest generation cars have narrower running boards though, which makes the less easy to use, but easier to not use.

The point is, that besides aesthetics there is no point to them ;) The car is so low as it is for an SUV. Heck even my big GL they were rather pointless unless perhaps standing on them to rock the vehicle out of a rut. But lets be real who will do that on their GLC43 AMG ;)

@dejonj - thanks for the answer.

We could not wait for the March delivery so my dad searched for stock ones and we came out with ht GLC Coupe 250d 4m white with red and black interior.

Sorry for the bad quality of pics i haven't gotten time to shoot it properly.

As the white color is not not my dads dream car color he is already thinking of substitution on this one.

We previously owned an E class W212 350d 4m and my dad really liked that engine. So that's the reason why he is already considering replacement. Its not underpowered but its not what he was looking for. And then comes GLC43 in the game :thumb:

Attachments

• image-0-02-05-5ce248abaf49c091712bfc00c787d060fee52a709a110e8e2cd827e0fb14d987-V-01.jpg
    image-0-02-05-5ce248abaf49c091712bfc00c787d060fee52a709a110e8e2cd827e0fb14d987-V-01.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 25
Looks very nice. I like the 350d as well and think it would suit the GLC much better than the 4 cylinder. GLC43 is lovely, but it looks like a GLC63 may be on the cards ;)

Enjoy it in the mean time.

Back to discounts just got 12.5% off a C43 AMG Estate. Factory order February 2017 delivery. No doubt this will be reflected when trade in time comes around but rather the money was in my pocket now and not 2-3 years down the line!!

Last edited:
Back to discounts just got 12.5% off a C43 AMG Estate. Factory order February 2017 delivery. No doubt this will be reflected when trade in time comes around but rather the money was in my pocket now and not 2-3 years down the line!!

Nice discount, different car though :P

On the GLC43 Coupe I managed just shy of 9% but it wasn't easily had! A number of dealers offered absolutely zero for the reason it's a brand new model which hasn't even hit the forecourt. Just goes to show what a little shopping around can achieve :-)

Having said that the C43 AMG Estate was only introduced during the summer this year. My guess is that Mercedes are flooding the market with cars and they probably don't disapprove of discounting they just want to sell cars no matter what.

Where did you get 9% discount? the best I could get is 5.5%

MB Leicester - it was a hard negotiation and I'm not sure if they would prepared to do the same again but no harm in asking. Send me a PM and I can put you in touch with the sales guy I'm dealing with. Drive the deal were close at circa 8%...

Thanks Naz, unfortunately I have already ordered my CLC 43 AMG Coupe for March deliver.
Hope you enjoy your car

Looks very nice. I like the 350d as well and think it would suit the GLC much better than the 4 cylinder. GLC43 is lovely, but it looks like a GLC63 may be on the cards ;)

Enjoy it in the mean time.

Thanks!
Yes, we are on the same page.After yesterdays 400km the first impressions are that the car is really drive able and quite with good isolation.

Yesterday Tim Burton aka Shmee150 posted on YT the review of GLC43 coupe.

The title was Should his dad buy a GLC43 AMG coupe and replace a Hyundai ? (Similar question that i had in my mind but only the engines are different)

The video is currently offline since he clearly mistaken.

As soon the video is online i will post the link below, so you guys and girls can check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom