GLC43 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Senninha43

SUPPORTER
Car
C43 AMG estate with lots of toys ...
Over recent months the good lady has hardly driven her GLA, opting instead to do 95% of her motoring in the FIAT 500 ... and as much as she loves her Mercedes, she has decided that we don’t need to keep it.

So with this in mind there is a possibility of combining both the GLA and my C43 which would likely result in a GLC43 Coupe .... anyone here running one of these who can advise what they are like compared to the C-class? And does anyone know if the GLC43 was available with the performance seats in the early release cars, or whether this is MY20 option only?

Thanks and hope everyone is well ...

Over recent months the good lady has hardly driven her GLA, opting instead to do 95% of her motoring in the FIAT 500 ... and as much as she loves her Mercedes, she has decided that we don’t need to keep it.

So with this in mind there is a possibility of combining both the GLA and my C43 which would likely result in a GLC43 Coupe .... anyone here running one of these who can advise what they are like compared to the C-class? And does anyone know if the GLC43 was available with the performance seats in the early release cars, or whether this is MY20 option only?

Thanks and hope everyone is well ...
Is it worth changing from a C43 to a GLC43 as it will be the same engine, gearbox, and platform?

I think you mistyped GLC63, That would be worthwhile.i would take a GLC63 over a C63.

Isn't there going to be less space in a GLC43 Coupe compared to your estate?!? Terrible, costly idea. If she doesn't need an SUV and you didn't either then why swap for a fatter, slower, less practical car.

C63 AMG S Estate is what you require sir!

What about E63S? That’s my suggestion.

My GLC43 is not the coupe, but it is a rapid and comfortable machine, with more practicality.
Don't think perf seats are optioned though.

If your wife is using the 500 in lieu of the GLA, why replace the GLA? Just get rid....

Personally I would stick with the C43 estate. Even the Merc SUV's sacrifice handling and ride in the crossover/SUV cars, I don't see the point in paying more for less handling, agility and poise.

Not my words, but I stole these from a Top Gear article on the woeful RS Q3 Sportback but it sums up the current SUV trend succinctly:

“It’s the ultimate 2020 marketing buzzword car: a fast, jacked-up, unnecessary micro coupe. It ticks enough boxes for people who don’t know about cars (quick in a straight line, cack faux warble, XXL exhausts, big wheels, expensive) making them think it’s a good car. Well done the marketing team"

The GLC 43/63 suffer from the dreaded crabbing issue that's been solved on the lesser models, many complaints about the issue.

Thanks All, kind of confirmed what I was thinking but thought I’d ask the question .... the idea of the AMG63’s is nice but not for me, and although often tempted by the E55/63, I’m pretty sure for now that I’ll stay with the C43 which is an awesome car and fully specced ....

So, anyone looking for a 2019 GLA Premium +, black on black with 15k miles?

Thanks ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom