GLC43 SUV - Water leaking from boot lid trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonnyH

Car
GLC43
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this, however I hope that someone could assist (I have booked my car into my local dealership however there is a 2 week wait).

Earlier today I opened my boot to get something out and noticed a continuous stream of water coming out of the trim (passenger side). Unfortunately i didn't have my phone on me but by the time I got the things out of the boot, went into the house to grab my phone and came back to the car the dripping had pretty much stopped. However there was clearly a fair amount of water getting inside the trim.

I have attached some photos to provide a bit of context as to where the water was coming from. You can see a water droplet in the trim join....this is where the water was coming out when the boot lid was open.

Just to note that I cannot see any water in the boot compartment itself so it seems to be entering the trim and not anywhere else.

Has anyone seen/heard of this before?

Regards,
Jon

Attachments

• 20200306_133107.jpg
    20200306_133107.jpg
    1,001.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200306_133104.jpg
    20200306_133104.jpg
    974.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping well.

I wondered if anyone has any updates on this? Annoyingly I had an appointment to get this checked out - but then lockdown happened!

To be fair I havent had any issues or at least noticed this again up until this evening where i found water coming out of the boot open/close button and the blinking plate on the other side (not pouring or dripping out - more surface water on this occasion) - I'm guessing caused by the relentless rain we have had the past couple of days.

I am going to call my local dealer on Monday to get booked in but thought I would check on here in case there is anything I can do in the interim.

thanks, Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom