GLC63 Help needed please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are some good companies who can either custom make you an exhaust (Torqueflow @msl) or companies like PCW Exhausts who can modify your exhaust to give you the sound you want.
OK thanks that sounds good then.

Is the S that much better than the standard 63?
Have found a non S that has the exhaust and camera and is a good price. Is the only difference the power, seats and diff? How much better is the S diff over the mechanical non S one?
Power doesn't matter as I will likely remap and although the seats in the S looks nicer I think they are the same as the amg seats I have now and can be a little hard on longer journeys.

Is the S that much better than the standard 63?
Have found a non S that has the exhaust and camera and is a good price. Is the only difference the power, seats and diff? How much better is the S diff over the mechanical non S one?
Power doesn't matter as I will likely remap and although the seats in the S looks nicer I think they are the same as the amg seats I have now and can be a little hard on longer journeys.
I think you need to drive both versions.

The power can be sorted by remap, the electronic diff would be cost prohibitive to retrofit and so best decide whether you like it or not before pulling the trigger.

Some people would buy the standard model and never think again about the S, others would kick themselves every day, and only you know the answer to that question.

I think you need to drive both versions.

The power can be sorted by remap, the electronic diff would be cost prohibitive to retrofit and so best decide whether you like it or not before pulling the trigger.

Some people would buy the standard model and never think again about the S, others would kick themselves every day, and only you know the answer to that question.
Yeah a remap is fine as I usually tune anything I get and I doubt I will be that bothered about the diff.
Will have to wait until I am able to go for some test drives.

Thanks very much. Yeah think the 360 camera will be more useful and will definitely change tyres in Summer/Winter.👍
360 camera a must for me to be safe, 1960's driveways don't leave an awful lot of room for a wide E63
It also becomes extremely useful when parking close to kerbs.

drive.jpg

360 camera a must for me to be safe, 1960's driveways don't leave an awful lot of room for a wide E63
It also becomes extremely useful when parking close to kerbs.

View attachment 96728
Yeah that does look like it's very handy you. I am thinking it will be useful getting it in the garage as it's quite a lot wider than my CLA.

Yeah that does look like it's very handy you. I am thinking it will be useful getting it in the garage as it's quite a lot wider than my CLA.
Hopefully it will have remote parking assist, as that will be even better for you

Hopefully it will have remote parking assist, as that will be even better for you
Is the where you can park without being in the car using your phone? Didnt think the GLC had this?

The GLC doesn't have this, only the E and S class currently.

Fair enough, didn't know that

OK so I have found a late 2018 preface lift S version with all the kit on it & more (even has the driver assistance pack) and price is not too bad but a mercedes dealer has contacted me to say they are getting a face lift 69 plate non S model in and it has the 360 camera on it and it's less money than the 2018 one!
Do the facelift ones not sound quite as nice as the pre facelift or is that just on startup and idle due to the ppf?
I know the interior is obviously nicer in the new ones with MBUX.
Just wondering as both cars are quite far away so any info. would help in differences between the 2.
Thanks, Nick.

OK so I have found a late 2018 preface lift S version with all the kit on it & more (even has the driver assistance pack) and price is not too bad but a mercedes dealer has contacted me to say they are getting a face lift 69 plate non S model in and it has the 360 camera on it and it's less money than the 2018 one!
Do the facelift ones not sound quite as nice as the pre facelift or is that just on startup and idle due to the ppf?
I know the interior is obviously nicer in the new ones with MBUX.
Just wondering as both cars are quite far away so any info. would help in differences between the 2.
Thanks, Nick.
Yes, the OPF in facelifted cars does change the exhaust sound, it’s both a little quieter and slightly softer sounding. Still sounds great (for a car with OPF).

Hey J9NAC, congrats on the new car! look forward to seeing some pics!

The performance exhaust is well worth it. Although my heavily pregnant wife doesnt think so at the moment! I have all also ordered black badges as i think the night pack should have included these from standard :)

Keep me updated on the screen and the remap as these were ideas for me as well.

Thanks very much.

Haha I am sure my kids will like the sound then my youngest who is 7 next week is really upset Iam selling my CLA45 but I am sure when he sees and heres the GLC he will be fine! Might have to look at black badges too although car is Black so might be nice to have a bit of chrome in it.

Have emailed MSL and DMS regarding the remap so will see what they say and my local audio guy has a 9" touch screen which is basically OEM looking but seems quite pricey. Have found a site in Sweden and they have a 10.25" or 12.3" one which including the fitting by said audio guy is around £900 to £950.
Might be a few months until I get around to sorting it though.

Should be collecting the car next week so will sort pics out.

Hey J9NAC, congrats on the new car! look forward to seeing some pics!

The performance exhaust is well worth it. Although my heavily pregnant wife doesnt think so at the moment! I have all also ordered black badges as i think the night pack should have included these from standard :)

Keep me updated on the screen and the remap as these were ideas for me as well.
Hi Jeano,

Firstly hope all is well with the baby.

I have finally got round to sorting a touch screen. In the end I went for a 9" version my local car audio place had and it looks pretty OEM, just waiting for them to get a module to align it better as its about 3mm off at the top. It works pretty well as I have Android Auto so the usual Google maps and Spotify etc. and can easily get back to the MB screen if needs be. Only slight thing is there is a bit of glare when its bright out. I have played with the contrast etc a bit and it has helped a little. Quite expensive for what it is but I don't like COMAND so the best option for me.

After about 6 months with the 9 inch touchscreen and not being happy with the glare and alignment I decided to take the plunge and go for a 12.3 inch android screen.
Wow what a difference!
Screen quality is much better and I can use my phone as a WiFi hotspot rather than using android auto so have full screen Google maps.
So have also bough a wireless charger that's fits great just behind the centre cupholder.
Should have done this in the first place but you live and learn.
Here is a photo.

Attachments

• 20210207_133101.jpg
    20210207_133101.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom