GLE 63S Coolant Leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haaroon

Car
Mercedes C63 AMG Premium 2016
Hi all,

I have a GLE 63s AMG but it looks to have a coolant leak?

Apparently the radiators can crack pretty easily due to being pretty exposed.

Anyone else have this and have had this problem?

Many thanks,

Haaroon

Yes common, MB release little grills that go inside to protect them (black plastic) it should be obvious if they are leaking though.

Available from main dealer, but I would have thought yours came from the factory. Easily visible through the front bumper, looks like mesh just in front of the radiator.s
Sorry the leak is coming from the upper section behind the firewall and the wind screen... Any ideas?

Plastic elbow that feeds the interior heater can crack there. Do check it's located correctly. Otherwise pressurise the cooling system to pinpoint the leak.

Plastic elbow that feeds the interior heater can crack there. Do check it's located correctly. Otherwise pressurise the cooling system to pinpoint the leak.
Thank you so much for this, any idea of a part number for this one?

Thank you so much for this, any idea of a part number for this one?
It's this here, located under the middle front of the windscreen into the internal heater about 4/5 inches down

Attachments

• IMG-20220128-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20220128-WA0006.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 23
That looks very much like the refrigerant hose bolted to the bulkhead, are you sure it is not leaking further up?

That looks very much like the refrigerant hose bolted to the bulkhead, are you sure it is not leaking further up?
Looking at it again you maybe right. I think it is a t shaped plastic piece that's cracked.

Thank you so much for your help

I had this exact same problem on my GLE63s, it was diagnosed as a coolant tank but found to be this elbow/T piece that had cracked....

Thank you so much for your help. My dad's GLE has been fixed. He would like to extend his thank you to the both of you.

Many thanks

Haaroon

You are welcome! Thanks for posting that the end result was a good one :)

Hi all, sorry to revive an old thread but I think I have the same issue here… I managed to grab the picture I’ve attached in here, does this look like the same issue? If so, does anyone know a part number for this particular piece? Same location as OP, between block and bulkhead at the rear! Thank you all!IMG_3394.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom