GLE delay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christhecleaner

Car
Bmw
Hi All I'm new to this forum so be patient with me please, I'm getting a new GLE and my one was a car already on order so I was told that the car would be in the country by 16/01/17 which I was happy with but I've now been told that all new GLEs have been delayed and I won't get the car till March! Anyone else been told this ?

It is fairly common for production holds on GLE. Unfortunately the dealer will just have to keep an eye on it, there isn't the facility to actually contact the factory. They may find it suddenly jumps forward anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I am experiencing exactly the same scenario with my E Class estate, I was told 25th November 2016, I still have not got it and still do not have a delivery date. I have been told it has allegedly left the factory and on it's way to Zeebrugge.
So I sympathize with you, the customer service experience has been poor to say the least. No feedback or updates.

So all I can say is bear with it and keep contacting your dealership and hopefully it will come forward.

You are aware that if it rolls into April, you'll get stung with the new road tax that applies to all £40K+ vehicles registered after 1 April 2017. I'd get MB to cover that off Vehicle excise duty | Car tax band | AA

£2500 tax for the first 5 years vs the current £925.

Sounds a lot, however the first year is included in price and then it is £42 a month, so not that big a deal when you consider a new GLE loses around £600-900 a month in the first 3 years depending on discount, and for someone doing 15k miles a year uses £250 a month in fuel and another £40 a month on servicing before you have even considered tyres and brakes etc. etc.

Is £10 a week that much of a concern? Annoying yeah, but liveable.

Delay could be down to assembly line component supply problem or possibly your car simply "missed the boat" Since the GLE is made in the states it might simply be a shipping delay. We forget these vehicles have to travel considerable distances to get here? There's a useful thread on this here, albeit in the opposite direction?
car at port in Germany - Mercedes GLA Forum

38521d_1678816f1ce4461baf1ea374ac27e8d3.jpg

Out of interest, what spec have you gone for? I've had my new GLE 350 Premium pack since beginning of December and absolutely love it.

£2500 tax for the first 5 years vs the current £925.

Sounds a lot, however the first year is included in price and then it is £42 a month, so not that big a deal when you consider a new GLE loses around £600-900 a month in the first 3 years depending on discount, and for someone doing 15k miles a year uses £250 a month in fuel and another £40 a month on servicing before you have even considered tyres and brakes etc. etc.

Is £10 a week that much of a concern? Annoying yeah, but liveable.

Yes it's included in the price, but not the same price. He will pay the dollar difference

Yes it's included in the price, but not the same price. He will pay the dollar difference

Yeah, sorry that is what I meant, the big first year amount will be when you are paying for the car, and if you are handing over £50,000, and most will have had a discount of some sort, it will get lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom