GLE kmh permanent display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercdad

Car
Mercedes GLE
Hi all

I'm new to the forum as I've just acquired a new GLE Sport with premium package. Great car but I really don't need kmh displayed all the time.

I've read that the dealer may be able to change this display so that something more useful can be shown such as mph or outside temperature.

Initial reaction from my dealer is negative although he's promised to come back to me.

What were the thinking when the thought Brits would need kmh permanently?

Thoughts or tips as to how to get this changed?

Many thanks

As far as I know it's current Euro legislation that kph is displayed somewhere on the dash.

Ant.

As far as I know it's current Euro legislation that kph is displayed somewhere on the dash.

Ant.

^^This

Due to the dial only having MPH the KPH must also be displayed. However, it was possible to edit this on previous MB models, may be possible on yours

Welcome

If you search the Forum on this you will find many posts on your topic..

There is an EU requirement for both mph and kmh to be able to be displayed,

Mercedes do not use a speedometer that has both units on the dial so they have interpreted the requirement as displaying both units at the same time.

On some models this "UK" setting can be removed to allow other parameters to be displayed but with the option of displaying (but not all) kmh if driving in regions where this is required

Ant.

No it's not - it's mercedes being lazy. For instance the Espace/Scenic can happily swap between mph and kph on the digital speedo with no Euro legislation issues.

All the car needs is the ability to show kph.

There is an EU requirement for both mph and kmh to be able to be displayed

^ This.

Unfortunately Daimler interpret the regulation differently to pretty much every other manufacturer and insist that the speed is displayed in both units simultaneously.

From what I gather, you just need to be able to toggle through to kmh if you are driving in Europe, which you can using the instrument cluster.

If there is anyone out there managed to get the dealer to change the display advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

The dealer won't do it, even if they could. You need to contact the guys at Comand.co.uk

Thanks. Will contact command. If command can do it then dealer ought to be able to do it. They must have the same tools. For 50k+ expenditure, you would think there would be some flexibility.

If it's not sanctioned by MB then they won't do it. Dealers cannot modify cars or systems in any way that is not supported by MB

Thanks. Will contact command. If command can do it then dealer ought to be able to do it. They must have the same tools.

Having the same tools is not the same as having the skill and ability to use them, which the guys at COMAND have acquired over the years.

For 50k+ expenditure, you would think there would be some flexibility.

Welcome to Mercedes. :D

Command told me they can't do it yet but will be able to later this year once they have a demo(car, I presume) with which to play with it.

Just bought a 2016 GLE and the KPH in the permanent display is bugging me. I was just wondering whether over 4 years later (since the last posts here), anyone has found a resolution with this either with a dealer or elsewhere?

Just bought a 2016 GLE and the KPH in the permanent display is bugging me. I was just wondering whether over 4 years later (since the last posts here), anyone has found a resolution with this either with a dealer or elsewhere?

I suggest that you check with www.comandonline.co.uk after Christmas.

If it's possible, you'll need to bring the car to them in Lightwater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom