GLE to GLC - Downsizing with a profit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V6GBJ

Car
GLC 43
I have just p/x my 66 plate GLC 350d for an 18 plate GLC 350d and made (at least a notional) profit. About a month ago I read here about used car prices and started looking at WBAC and Evans Halshaw offers. Both offered me £5K more than I had paid for the GLE just 12 months ago. I was not completely happy with the GLE, I found it rather wallowy in Comfort mode and a guzzler in Sport . It also took up a lot of space on the road - not much fun on local lanes and B roads, of which we have many in Wales.
I trawled Autocar and found the GLC Premium Plus . It has full MB history, one owner, 20K miles and a high spec. It was discounted at a local Ford dealership. The cost of change was less than £3K making me a £2K profit. Of course we are in strange times regarding used car prices and we don't know what they will be in the future. From my point of view I have a car which is 2 years younger, similar mileage to the GLE so decided to take a chance on future depreciation! The notional profit is a bit of fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom