GLE63s Brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckonas

Car
GLE63S
Anybody know about how long the pads should last on this. It’s 2 years old and less than 25K miles and I just got my second brake pad warning. I replaced the rears a year ago. That was after only a year and less than 15K miles. Complained enough that MB threw in the parts for free. Now it looks like I’m going to have to do it again. Maybe it’s the front this time but still pretty ridiculous.

It is totally dependant on how the car is driven. If you are hard on the brakes they will obviously wear out quicker. Are they wearing evenly n/s to o/s. is one wheel showing more brake dust than the other.

I drive like a daisy and so does the wife but the rears do only last around 15,000 miles. Compared to previous generation ML63 which managed around 70,000, maybe a little more. Fundamentally a very similar car.

Anybody know about how long the pads should last on this. It’s 2 years old and less than 25K miles and I just got my second brake pad warning. I replaced the rears a year ago. That was after only a year and less than 15K miles. Complained enough that MB threw in the parts for free. Now it looks like I’m going to have to do it again. Maybe it’s the front this time but still pretty ridiculous.

I believe the rear brakes are used for breaking when cruise control is on which might explain the situation?

Having said that, big, heavy car, with performance credentials needing to stop as fast as it goes - I would assume soft pads to ensure it stops! I would say 25k isnt bad for the fronts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom