GLE63s Gearbox software update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
Since I collected the GLE a month ago, I thought the 7G was an awful gearbox and nothing like the box I had in my SL63, It was very "clonky" and harsh especially in traffic.... I had a week away in it around the UK last week so wanted to gel with the car more.... the week before last I had spoken with Olly at PCS and I'd booked it in for a gearbox service to see if that would help, it's only got 40k miles on it with full Merc history and had no evidence of a gearbox service up until now.
When I arrived at PCS, Olly plugged it into Star and read what software the gearbox was running and to see if there was a later version that I could have installed... sure enough there was and it was installed along with the fresh oil and filter.
It's transformed the car totally, totally different and shifts are far smoother in all modes..... it's amazing that cars these days rely on the software their running, crazy really!!

I keep the software on my (admittedly lowly) 2013 C180 up-to-date on all ECUs, including of course transmission and engine, though not surprisingly the car being as old as it is, there were no further updates to any of the ECUs in the past 3 years.

I did the same when my w166 Ml63 went in for remedial work at the main dealers a couple of months ago,it had 58k on it with full mercedes history, but for some reason, like yours,it had missed the gearbox service.

Totally transformed how it drives.

This is interested, it it still the same or slipped back to the old way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom