Glen Frey has died

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And the drummer from Mott the Hoople aged 67.

Its been a bad couple of weeks of those in their 60's!, especially musicians

I don't listen to much music in the car. I've got one CD in there and it can run on an indefinite loop for me. The Eagles Greatest Hits.

One of my bucket list of things was to hear The Eagles live. Looks like that's not going to happen now. What a shame.

They seem to be falling like fly's no disrespect implied or intended.

I was repeatedly cursing various BBC announcers today who kept on refering to
Glen FRY ------------- no no no Glen Frey [ FRAI] Steven FRY Glen FREY its not that difficult...what T*t in the BBC pronunciation dept did that? :doh:

Back on subject------

City girls just seem to find out early
How to open doors with just a smile

Relax said the nightman
we are programmed to receive
you can checkout any time you like
but you can never leave

unforgettable lyrics :cool::cool::cool:

RIP

Last edited:
Luckily managed to see the Eagles along with Joe Walsh at the 1975 Elton John Capt' Fantastic Wembley Stadium event. Along with the Beach Boys,they stole the show.

One of my favourite Eagles songs was written about the infamous Doolin-Dalton gang who operated in Oklahoma in the 1880's. This version rolls into a reprise of Desperado and seems poignantly apt.

[YOUTUBE]brRvG7k1WGg[/YOUTUBE]

I only "found" the Eagles the year after they broke up. I listened to all their albums, got all the bootleg stuff, and mourned the fact that they had passed me by.

So I was amazingly happy when they announced they were getting back together. I saw them that first tour when hell froze over in July 1996 and 6 times afterwards, including the ironically titled farwell I, when I had my only ever front row tickets, and what was to be their last tour "history of the Eagles".

I loved their stuff, I'll miss not having that hope of one more tour.

Another one gone. Finally "checked out" of "Hotel California", very sad. I was also at that 1975 concert, gorgeous day not a cloud in the sky and most people started to leave when Elton John was on, what a surprise. Joe Walsh played on a few numbers towards the end of the Eagles set and I wondered to my brother, if only Joe joined up with the Eagles. Lo and behold a few months later it happened.

I was lucky enough to have been bought a ticket for their Earls Court concert, a wealthy friend of mine hired a stretch limo complete with champagne, we turned up at Earls Court in a big white limo and literally fell out of it very rock and roll

"The Heat Is On" - fantastic track from BHC1.

Yes a Sad day, I have seen them 5 times and they were great, the start of Hotel California is the best and most recognizable track ever. If you ever see a Eagles Tribute Band called Talon near you they are extremely good and play the Eagles tracks note for note

Very sad.

I saw them last year at the O2, original line up.

They played all their hits and saved Hotel California for the encore. A moment i will never forget.

grober said:
I was repeatedly cursing various BBC announcers today who kept on refering to Glen FRY ------------- no no no Glen Frey [ FRAI] Steven FRY Glen FREY its not that difficult...what T*t in the BBC pronunciation dept did that? :doh: Back on subject------ City girls just seem to find out early How to open doors with just a smile Relax said the nightman we are programmed to receive you can checkout any time you like but you can never leave unforgettable lyrics :cool::cool::cool: RIP
It's GLENN Frey

Whatever the spelling, he'll be very sadly missed by Mrs KE and me. We were lucky enough to see the Eagles live at Twickenham a few years ago and they were as brilliant as we'd hoped. It's a crying shame that Glenn so seriously fell out with Don Felder (who wrote the music for Hotel California amongst many hits) and that he appears to have taken his animosity with him to his grave. All I can say now is Take It Easy Glenn.

I remember my old mate Steve Moss, sound engineer for Traffic, Elvis Costello and Kiss (I know!) playing me the first Eagles album (on vinyl) which he'd brought back from America as it hadn't been released in the UK as yet. He tipped me the wink and said keep an eye on this band - they're going to be huge. I bought the album as soon as it was released here and every one subsequent to that. Some I wore out and had to replace.

Saw them live and couldn't believe what I was hearing. Never heard vocal harmonies like it and doubt I ever will again.

Great songs, wonderful playing and what a legacy of music to leave behind. A sad day.

The Eagles are a band i should like - but they have never done it for me.Prefer Foreigner, Yes,Giant, Toto,Reo Speedwagon
Much prefer the solo efforts like "Heat is on" , "Boys of Summer" , "Dirty Laundry" and "The End of the Innocence"

I don't listen to much music in the car. I've got one CD in there and it can run on an indefinite loop for me. The Eagles Greatest Hits.

One of my bucket list of things was to hear The Eagles live. Looks like that's not going to happen now. What a shame.

I have been lucky enough to have seen them perform live twice and they were truly awesome, so sad to hear this news as I always hoped to see them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom