GLK Any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James1976

Car
94 300 SL-24 in Bornite, 2010 Smart Fortwo Passion
Evening all.

Some time since my last posts having sold my SL (to the mother in law!). I've been missing my Merc fix since running an old e34 beem, which whilst it's been a good car really isn't up to old Merc quality standards. So, I now live in Amsterdam and am fortunate enough to be looking into a new motor. New car tax here is hideous and cars very expensive. Anyway, eyeing up a GLK which I love, a proper tonka toy style. So, in short, what do we think of the 2008 to 2013 models? Seem to be well received?

I guess seeing as it's an overseas rather than a UK model then the answer's no then! I'll post some pics and a view when I likely get one so you have some form of reference. Or I'll buy a BMW or an Evoque!

Best,

J

I see quite a lot of them in the Middle East, and they are pretty keen on cars out here, for what it is worth. There is a nice white one in my compound in Riyadh and it is an attractive car in the flesh. Not sure i'd choose one over the new x3 though which has a real mini x5 fee.

I never saw one when I lived in Borough myself!

I never saw one in the UK (glad to see another former Borough person in here; I was on long lane) but there are a few out here in Amsterdam, quite surprising considering the Dutch don't spend a lot on cars due to the tax.

Mind you, I've not driven one yet so it might be horrible.. I was actually also thinking of a decent x1, as the brand new x3's here are all over 50k euro. I never realised how cheap the UK was for cars! And I don't like the previous x3, not really a very good motor..

J

Converted school on searles rd myself.

The new X3 is nice. Old one a bit of a dog.

GLK is it if the other option is an X1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom