Global warming hits the garden of England!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
I live in Kent:crazy:

Last edited:
hope them hop bushes/trees/plants/shrubs or whatever they grow on survive

Global warming -> melting ice caps -> slowing down/stopping of N.Atlantic Drift -> U.K. reaches a temperature even with other countries at this latitude.

yes; fun how "global warming" morphed into "climate change" isn't it.

I can remember colder winters than this.....it's just that the past few winters have been milder than normal....

yes; fun how "global warming" morphed into "climate change" isn't it.

Thats because its harder to tax people for 'Global Warming' when it gets colder not warmer ;)

Is the stationary heater (Westabo type) a retro-fit possibility?

Was -10 at Malham the night before last; and last night him indoors was working and 4 - 5" of snow was dumped in an hour. Was great fun I gather!! I got nowt just wet and grim. Was a lot milder this morning though - actually above freezing!!

Very many years ago it wasnt too unusual for the Thames to freeze over above Tower bridge. So the weather we are getting right now is relatively warm. Just thought I would add a word of cheer ! ! ! ! ! !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Thames_frost_fairs

The Thames is frozen at Tedders as we speak .... wouldn't want to walk on it though ....

frozen.jpg

The Thames is frozen at Tedders as we speak .... wouldn't want to walk on it though ....

frozen.jpg

Out of interest, how often does that happen nowadays?

I have not much heating in the workshop. Yesterday is was -4 in the afternoon.

I have two split water pipes in the workshop and bloody cold hands.

Typically we get a skin form if it hits -5/-6 degrees C ...

If this then continues , because the lock cut , in the winter is in shadow all day , it doesn't melt and just thickens. Being also that there is very little traffic in the winter , the boats don't really break it up and when they do , it re-freezes quickly.

The problem we are having at the moment is with the lifeboat. If they have an upriver call , because it is an ILB , it is fabric , not solid so the boat is going to have to be trailered upstream and launched from a slipway upstream instead of the lifeboat station.

The basingstoke canal here in Woking is frozen today as it was yesterday.

The local miscreants have taken to throwing anything they can find onto it including shopping trolleys!

Can't you encourage them to push each other along the ice in shopping trolleys , that has the potential of a favourable outcome. :devil:

The ice outside the lock is covered in stones, rocks , branches , anything really , same as you have seen , the oiks love to try and break the ice.

Can't you encourage them to push each other along the ice in shopping trolleys , that has the potential of a favourable outcome. :devil:

You read my mind;)

I was going to post 'I wish someone would throw the local miscreants into the river'

Mind you I'm sure they could be convinced that the ice is thick enough to mess about on;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom