Glove Box Locking Catch CLK 2007

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjbarber281

Car
CLK 63
Hi Guys, I have an issue while messing with my glove box catch, I was trying to see why I have to shut it so hard to work so I was looking at the catch to see how it worked, there are 2 tiny claw like pieces 1 moves up when you use the handle to open and by accident I pushed the other little claw which is along side down and can I hell get it back up, tried locking and unlocking the car just wont budge and it I try any harder to lever it open it will brake. Please tell me im an idiot and there is a simple fix that I'm missing as its driving me bloody mad. Sorry its a 2007 CLK63 w209 not even sure if thats relevant.

Thank You

looks like it's not a well known issue or fix, however I do know that the W209 glovebox lids are shite and they pretty much all fail and need a slam, including my own.
I did investigate mine just like you have, but concluded I was more likely going to make it worse than fix it so gave up, especially after having the price for a new one.
Not sure if I remember right but I did something similar when I was messing about with mine, but there may of been a 3rd bit I had to press in before the stuck claw would release.
Sorry I can't offer anything more helpful.

Don't know if this is any help, someone posted this a while back.

I have found you all a fix for not having to replace the whole glove box because of that rubbish catch (like a birds mouth and bar set up) that Mercedes CLKs have.

Basically buy one of these B&Q Ball Catch | Departments | DIY at B&Q

A ball catch which is usually used on doors, take out the pen holders and in the grove screw in the female part, I found small pilot holes help. And in the recess for the pen on the lid place the male part. Screw in. Make sure it all lines up. Job done.

Then you can spend the £100s saved on a holiday or beer. Happy days. Hope this helps, shall try and get some more pictures up soon!

AFAIR the CLK glove box catch can be fixed by adjusting a screw? Costs nothing and takes 30 seconds.

Russ

Takes a bit longer if you have the CD changer fitted as you have to move it to get to the screw. Took me fifteen minutes including a tea break.

I’ve not seen anything regarding this screw, has anyone got any links as I can’t find anything when I searched, would be nice to know where to start in case I make it worse.
It bugs the hell outta me having to slam it like it’s a £50 scrapper.
Cheers, Gav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom