Glove box Mystery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
In the Glove box of my new E Class I have the following item and I cannot find out what it is for? :dk:

The item in the Glove box is shown on the attached photos. Very strange, it seems to cover an opening for something and looks like a locking mechanism? No mention in the manual at all that I can find? Any ideas? :confused:

EClass002a.jpg

EClass01a.jpg

EClass03a.jpg

Ipod connector cable? (when fitted)

It's an outlet for chilled air from the air-con. You rotate it to vary the amount of cooling air that enters the glovebox, from none to lots. Same thing in the glovebox of my W204. Stops your chocolate melting :)

It's an outlet for chilled air from the air-con. You rotate it to vary the amount of cooling air that enters the glovebox, from none to lots. Same thing in the glovebox of my W204. Stops your chocolate melting :)

Makes sense, Opel/Vauxhall had this for years.... :thumb:

But if so why is it not documented in the owners manual? :confused:

Ah that makes sense, but my friend with the same car hasn't got it, he said?????

He has checked again - Yes he has. :doh:

Last edited:
Makes sense, Opel/Vauxhall had this for years.... :thumb:

But if so why is it not documented in the owners manual? :confused:

Now I have a lead, I have looked again in the manual.

Under Adjusting the air-vents, there it is page 141. "Setting the air vents in the Glove Compartment." SOLVED :thumb:

Thanks st13phil I knew someone would come up with the answer. 11 minutes not bad eh? :rock::rock:

Last edited:
i thought it was a bottle opener, but then i am abit dim sometimes and never read manuals.

You know what they say. :D:D

Attachments

• RTFM.gif
    RTFM.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 126
My 1993 2.6i Carlton Diplomat had one :thumb:

+ 1. I had a company Chavalier in 1995 with it. I used it all the time to keep drinks cool. I've always been vaguely disappointed that more cars don't have it.

I had two Vauxhall Omegas... there, I said it!

I had two Vauxhall Omegas... there, I said it!

Well I had three Cavaliers.......though not through choice!

One was appalling, the other two actually not as bad as people make out.

Right - off to lie down in a darkened room....

Looks like it took Benz 17 years to catch up....

Both my W126's have vents in the glove box .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom