Glove box wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Chandler

Car
CLK 200
Hi guys.
Just brought an 08 plate clk W209. In the glove box are a pair of cable connectors which I have no idea of their purpose. One has 2 orange cables leading to it and the other a brown, blue and red.
Any comments or ideas as to what these could be used for?
Steve

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 23
Not 100% but I think they will be for a cd changer.

Pretty sure they can't.
Look carefully - top left of the glovebox. Can you see a small 3.5mm socket?

Just brought an 08 plate clk W209. In the glove box are a pair of cable connectors which I have no idea of their purpose. One has 2 orange cables leading to it and the other a brown, blue and red.
Any comments or ideas as to what these could be used for?
Steve

They are for the multi CD changer fitted in the right hand side of the glove box
See: MERCEDES CLK W209 2002-2009 CD MULTY CHANGER WITH CARTRIDGE A2038209089 | eBay
for one that is on ebay

Crippo2

Sorry to bump an old thread .
I have the same wires in my glovebox.If I buy a cd changer will it be a straight plug and play ? Also does anyone have the part number for the changer ?
Cheers

Sorry to bump an old thread .
I have the same wires in my glovebox.If I buy a cd changer will it be a straight plug and play ? Also does anyone have the part number for the changer ?
Cheers

It should be because thats the only function for those cables. The car either had a changer from the factory or someone retrofitted one. The cables are not installed from the factory unless the changer is ordered. At least thats how ours was.

It should be because thats the only function for those cables. The car either had a changer from the factory or someone retrofitted one. The cables are not installed from the factory unless the changer is ordered. At least thats how ours was.

Thanks.Any idea about the part number ?
Is this the one a1638203889 .
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom