Glovebox power - can I use CDC power?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aardvardkdave

Hi all,
First - thanks - I've got some great stuff from here, particularly around debugging a lack of sound on my COMAND (faulty CDC, so bridged the fibre and all ok now - amusingly the merc dealer had never heard of bridging the fibre).

I've got a 2003 C32 with glovebox aux-in. I'd like to put a bluetooth receiver in the glovebox, connected to the aux. To do this I need a power feed for the bluetooth receiver, so:
1) Can I use the power feed from the (removed and not being replaced) CDC?
2) Does anyone make a CAN interpreter module that could take this power feed and the wake signal and use it to turn a non-CAN item on/off?
3) Alternatively, should I just tap into the cigarette lighter feed? If so, what's the best wire routing and which bits of trim need to come off?

Thanks
Dave

The CDC feed is a permanent 5A feed (sometimes 7.5).

Don't touch the wakeup wire, its a pulsed feed rather than just an on/off power feed

If you want a switched feed take it (with a fuse) from the cigarette lighter. Or if it is really low current, you may prefer to take it from the antenna power feed (standard ISO connector pin) then it will turn on if you turn the radio on when the ignition is off

R

Hi,

What bluetooth to aux are you using?

Hi - sorry for delay replying! Its the 7dayshop BT receiver. Its an xmas prezzy (the family always struggle to know what to get me) so I've not got it yet, but the reviews are good and its only £15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom