Glow plug light comes on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wadeyblue

Car
E220d estate 2019. Bonneville T120 650cc 1966 Honda Gold Wing GL1500 Omega 3.2 Elite
My glow plug light sometimes comes on at wrong time.
Can travel miles from engine cold to normal running temp with no problem.
If I stop for 10 mins or so when I re start and run short distance the glow plug light comes for a time while running then goes out but may come back on.
Any ideas I have checked the glow plugs.

If I stop for 10 mins or so when I re start and run short distance the glow plug light comes for a time while running then goes out but may come back on.

On older mercedes (eg w124) the light would come on when there was a fault with one of the plugs. I'd check the resistance of the gp's by pulling the block of the relay if you have one. This is based on my 124 experience so maybe of help...

Thanks guys I will probably replace the plugs first.
I should have said its an e280 2008 with 89k on clock

Thanks guys I will probably replace the plugs first.
I should have said its an e280 2008 with 89k on clock

Check them first - if they snap off in the head you're in the doo doo £££

Thought you said you had checked them? Do you know how with a volt meter. ? Mine did the same e320cdi though but same engine and I changed module before checking plugs! It wasn't the module but one plug. Changed all 6 anyway and now have a spare module.

Thought you said you had checked them? Do you know how with a volt meter. ? Mine did the same e320cdi though but same engine and I changed module before checking plugs! It wasn't the module but one plug. Changed all 6 anyway and now have a spare module.

If it was the old type of module, it is most probably dead too - most of them didn't last very long, until the updated version came.

If it was the old type of module, it is most probably dead too - most of them didn't last very long, until the updated version came.

Both new ones on mine which I think are standard on a 56 plate

Yes I had checked the plugs with a multimeter and all plugs have similar resistance readings so not the plugs.
Point worth noting, many of the utube postings and even the Haynes manual tell you to test plugs by connecting to a battery, worth noting the plugs are only 4.4v

Sorry mate only just remembered you tried to contact me as I've been rather busy. Iam going to keep module as you never know when you need it. Glad you got yours sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom