Glow plug light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Star says Glow plug 1 out.

Ordered an NGK plug, £6.60 from GSF delivered

ive an icarsoft mb2 it doesnt even scan glow plugs. so which scanner did you use ?

Well I am sure your Icarsoft does tell you what glow plug is faulty,my one did twice,it gives you what one it is so you have the choice of changing the faulty one only and I had the i980

I had the light on for over 3 years with no ill effect.

The only time I knew that it was there was when it was minus something earlier this year and the car took about 1 second longer to start than normal.

My mechanic said to leave it as they can cause more issues with them being difficult to remove on older cars.

Well I am sure your Icarsoft does tell you what glow plug is faulty,my one did twice,it gives you what one it is so you have the choice of changing the faulty one only and I had the i980

great, so can you remember in what menu it was , would be great if i did have the function , its just finding them , theres so many .

Well if you look at the very first post,the op says I get this light up that then go's, that light is a glow plug not working,if that happened on your car with the diagnostic scanner you have it will tel you which plug has stopped working,as far as I know it will be in the DTI's then all you need to know is say where number 5 failed glow plug is and if you have a V6 diesel looking at the engine from the front the left side from front to back is 1,2.3 and on the right from the front 4.5.6 of course it is very simple if you have a straight 6 diesel,you have possibly the best Mercedes scanner for personal use you can buy.

Update:

Star highlighted 1 glow plug out, I forget which cylinder.

A bit of plusgas and it was swapped out. No issues since. £6.60 for a NGK plug. :thumb:

Thanks all

Well if you look at the very first post,the op says I get this light up that then go's, that light is a glow plug not working,if that happened on your car with the diagnostic scanner you have it will tel you which plug has stopped working,as far as I know it will be in the DTI's then all you need to know is say where number 5 failed glow plug is and if you have a V6 diesel looking at the engine from the front the left side from front to back is 1,2.3 and on the right from the front 4.5.6 of course it is very simple if you have a straight 6 diesel,you have possibly the best Mercedes scanner for personal use you can buy.

its not the best , it doesnt have a common rail testing section like the i980 does . thanks for the engine schematics . i changed 1 and 6 but i mixed them up so i changed them around again, all is ok now .

Well that is interesting,I based my reply on the fact that many owners of the latest icarsoft mb2 all rave about it,I must admit I assumed that it would be far better than my i980,at least I helped with where each glow plug is on a V6 diesel,maybe one of the guys with the latest mb2 could remove a lead from a glow plug and see if it does somewhere in it's diagnostics tell you which plug it is,it seems crazy that a mb2 which costs about £50 more than a i980 should fail this simple task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom