Glow plug light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e280x

Car
e280 sport
When turning the ignition on the Glow plug light comes on for a few seconds and then goes out as normal.

The car starts first time after the engine turns a few times (a bit longer than I would like but it’s been like this for a while now)

After around 20 seconds the glow plug light comes on again and stays on for 1 minute.

I connected an ODBII reader and surprisingly it didn’t show any errors! Either my reader is faulty or something else is not right. The ODBII software shows the RPM etc so there is definitely a connection there.
From videos I have found on the net they say the code told them exactly which glow plug was faulty

Any ideas?

What is the safest way to cause an error code so I can test the OBDII reader? Can I pull out a sensor connector some where?

Any guidance will be appreciated…
Thanks

Well lots of members on here use icarsoft readers I used the i980 on my car and it told you exactly what glow plug was faulty,these readers are around £90 going up to £140 for the latest one,ok not cheap but given we have garages with a star charging £60 to diagnose,you will soon get your money back

I had this on my old c350cdi no codes stored using a std OBD reader, I then tested it with a fake star and it listed as “glow plug module no o/p. I checked all the glow plugs inc wiring and was all ok had the glow plug module replaced.

Thanks Guys,
I'll have a detailed look at the icarsoft readers.

What is the fake star called?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom