Dieselman said:It's easy to change the glowplugs, but you need the inlet manifold off.
You don't have to change all 5 together and at nearly £20 each you may not want to.
Here's a how to for the E300, yours is very similar.
It's very easy. About 20 mins to remove manifold.
1.car on ramps.
2. remove undertray centre section.
3. remove manifold to air duct bolt from below. This is allen head and vertical from below.
4. remove EGR pipe to EGR valve clamp.
5. disconnect pressure sensor electical connection and unbolt from inner wing.
6. disconnect EGR valve at modulator on inner wing.
7. remove all torx manifold to head bolts.
8. lift manifold away starting at the head end to break the seal to the EGR pipe.
9. pull connector from appropriate glow plug and unscrew plug.
10. reverse all operations for refitting.
Back to top