glow plug problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tebelee

Car
110cdi
Hi Everyone Im new on here and have a Vito 110cdi, it has a few issues but generally Im pleased. One of the issues is that it wont start with out a sniff of easystart cold or warm it has a glowplug error, also it doesnt pull over 3000rpm and the only key I have with it is a blade one with no chip, could all this be interlinked?
Thanks Steve.

A few years ago I also had a 110cdi. It was a 2001
It showed about 120k on the clock.
It never needed the glow plugs. By default I would wait for the light to extinguish when I started her, but when I forgot (I usually drive a petrol car) my Vito would start on the button anyway, every time, even in the coldest weather.
Also she went like a little rocket, a real blast to drive, pulling all through the rev' range (actually a more fun drive than my current 639 Vito).
It also had a conventional key, not sure if it was chipped or not.

Fyi I would probably still have it, except that I had it up on ramps to steam clean the underside before treating & re-undersealing. Cleaning off the dirt & old loose underseal unveiled serious rot & decay in the main structure of the vehicle. It was rotting from the inside out.!!!
I should add that this was not one of the many scabby rot-box looking 638's that you tend to see, it was a smart clean un-tarted up example.

Sorry to be so negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom