Glow plug relay confusion Mercedes E220 CDi W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brej

Car
Mercedes e220
Hi guys

I was looking at previous tread for location of Glow ply relay W211 E220cdi glow plug relay location 2008 | Engine old tread

I was wondering if you could help once again? I am after same relay, but this part was discontinued by Mercedes part in UK. My part number is a6461532579, my car its E220CDi 167 BHP manual diesel. When shopping around, I came across 2 relays, they are both apparently for my car but they are looking different, see links for info relay 1 and relay 2. also, would location be the same as PDF previously attached to old tread? Many thanks

download (1).jpgthumb 1.jpg

This might help find the new part number.

Hi m80

It looks like its relay 1, the one with hols to attach on the sides. Part number there, its the same as a6461532579. I will probably wait until next service and ask my mechanic to unplug this module. This way I will get other part number\ ID no. and hopefully should be easier to look for correct part.

Unless other suggestion ?

Thanks

I also have a 2008 manual E220CDi, and according to the electronic parts catalogue on my VIN, the part number for the relay unit is A646 153 25 79 so looks like you have the correct part number.

Note that EPC states that the part is only supplied as a reconditioned unit from Mercedes.

Someone, ages ago, posted a link to a Mercedes remanufactured parts website. I don't know if this is genuine Mercedes, but it certainly looks like it is. On there, they are saying no stock of this remanufactured part unfortunately - so I guess used, or aftermarket is the only choice - Link to the remanufactured parts site

Martin.

Glow plug relay.jpg

With regard to location, looking at WIS (Repair manual), it looks like the module is located low down on the nearside of the engine block - accessed from underneath with undertrays removed.

Martin.

Glow plug relay (location).jpg

With regard to location, looking at WIS (Repair manual), it looks like the module is located low down on the nearside of the engine block - accessed from underneath with undertrays removed.

Martin.

View attachment 122866
Thanks Martin, I will look around and hopefully will replacement part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom