Glow plug woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The light should come on after you turn the key and then go out.
Can't say I was checking at that point in the process, only after driving away did I look. I will check next time, just to make sure it hasn't gone kaput! :D

Oh poo! Just checked again, light comes on, goes off, then back on a few moments later. D'OH!

If its starting without white smoke .live with it.

tbh i had a nightmare with my plugs could only change 7 1 was stuck and tbh it not worth a snapped plug

Yahoo!!!! Touch wood, I finally seem to have got the problem sorted. 😀

I finally got around to watching the Youtube video below, which deals with diagnosing glow plug issues on the V6 engine.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now, considering I had already replaced all the glow plugs and the control module, and checked the wiring loom, I was starting to feel at a complete loss as to what might be wrong, to the point where I was about to admit defeat and take it to a garage!

However, following the steps in the video I went through it all again and once more the glow plug that had been coming up on the diagnostic showed as the problem, despite having been replaced twice!

I checked an old plug, found it was alright, so swapped them over. Running the tests again, finally success!

So, if you are having glow plug trouble, I thoroughly recommend watching the video and following the steps shown.

Well done. My late Mother had a saying- Patience and perseverance make a Bishop of his Reverence !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom