Glow plugs & mirror indicator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ItalianTuneUp

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320CDI
After working through all the bits that needed attention, I've only got a couple of remaining items on my list to sort out.

1. Glow plug lights up on dash randomly when driving along. I don't think this is a big problem, but what's the advice on what to do here? What's the approximate cost to sort out? And is there a good time to have them replaced, like when doing something else that is related?

2. Mirror-mounted indicator seems to have some issue indicating. Sometimes I hear a fast relay ticking sound when indicating, and a message appeared in the dash about it. Then the problem went away for a day or two and is now back. I think the cause is moisture from all the recent wind & rain, so how do I remove the transparent indicator section from the mirror body? Maybe a quick blast of a hair dryer will sort it out?

Would random glow plug light coming on not indicate something not related to glow plugs.

Glow plug light is either glow plugs or glow plug relay. Plugs are about 7 pound each. Relay is 120 mark

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Yeah but he said comes on randomly while driving. Not start up and doesn't the glow plug light denote more than just glow plug issues. Probably better off getting it on diag and seeing what's stored .

Mine was doing the same. As stated above glow plug relay

Re soldered mine after advice from E270. All good now

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Thanks for the tips guys.

I was told that it shouldn't be anything much to worry about, so I haven't bothered thinking about getting it sorted out until now, but yesterday I noticed it coming on again. HC, that's right, glow plugs light up and go out again normally before ignition. You think it might indicate something other than the glow plug itself?

TM, you think it could be related to a glow plug relay? I will have to see where the relay for this is.

So now over to the last issue of the indicator - any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom