Glow plugs vs glow plug module

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This van is an total nightmare ,now the glow plugs are my least concern as A/C pulley seized and drive belt snapped during forced dpf regen. :(

Take it real easy when removing the glow plugs from the engine. Best bet is to get the engine warmed up first before trying to remove; you dont want the glow plugs to seize and then snap in the head. Had the same engine in my CLK; took my time as several of them were rather stubborn to come out.

Take it real easy when removing the glow plugs from the engine. Best bet is to get the engine warmed up first before trying to remove; you dont want the glow plugs to seize and then snap in the head. Had the same engine in my CLK; took my time as several of them were rather stubborn to come out.
Yes useful info AND when they sound like croaking tree frogs as you try to spin them out, its time to take care and go easy or else you will croak the plug!:eek:
If you are into tree frogs & been to Africa, the sound is like an African brown caco bull frog before its about to snap.
(Some useless info!):D
Tuercas Viejas

right as I’ve been having these glow plug and drive belt issues on my w639 tough there is some who knows some advice on these DIY doing especially belt,for any help I’ll offer you/actually every one in need of Bedford are a free of charge star diagnosis and any other advice/help free of charge.also can do DPF via star regen.

Last edited:
Let’s bring community together.
Helping each other instead of charging for things we unsure.

Last edited:
Right been having my troubles with glow plugs and mainly snapped drive belt on my viano om642.990 w639, if there is any one in Bedford area to assist me on drive belt change it would be much appreciated,and for everyone else struggling with being with above price diagnosis on their Mercedes in Bedford area pm me, I’ll help you free of charge star diagnosis up to 2014 as C3 pm me.
Regards
Igors

Hi yes this looks correct. With the engine cold as best to check the glow plugs. Disconnect the glow plug module and measure each pin for the individual glow plug and note the reading is the reading is higher than approx 0.5 ohms or if you get o/l then that glowplug is showing defective. With your measurements from all 6. The ones showing defective find the white plug on top of the affected glow plug and then measure the resistance from the plug and the plug to make sure the wire is good should read approx 0.1 ohms if this is all good you have a defective glow plug
Please be careful when removing these pencil plugs they are renowned for breaking so get the engine as hot as possible before the removal

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom