Glow plugs warning light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mistermackay

Car
Mercedes S320 CDI 2007
I have a 2005 Mercedes CLS 320 CDI . The car is starting to take a few cranks to start. The glow plug warning light goes off then comes on for about 20 seconds then goes off permanently. Do i need to change the glow plug/s in a hurry or can I leave it until the next time I need other work done.

Personally, if it is starting, I'd leave it until you need more doing. I had the light come on in my 210 and didn't bother doing anything as it worked just fine. Trouble is, you hear so many scare stories about them shearing off during removal, I decided not to risk it.

Good point. The car starts fine and I will see how it goes. If they shear off, the garage is going to want to charge me for sorting it out. Thanks.

I've had the light for a year and had no issues other than it can take a second or two longer to start in really cold weather.

My only issue, other than leaving it longer might make future removal an ****, is that it might put potential buyers off the car because a light is on.

It will need either glow plugs or the relay or both as there is a modified relay available at Mercedes, get it diagnosed, don't leave it.

Get it done, longer you leave them, the more chance there snap. Get the engine red hot and try removing them, never snapped one yet,

Get it done, longer you leave them, the more chance there snap. Get the engine red hot and try removing them, never snapped one yet,
Lucky you, I done everything I could have on my old CLS, started soaking them in penetrating oil 4 days before got the engine hot 5 came out no prob the last one just snapped off without even putting a lot of effort on it. Same happened on my old E250, Happy Days

Did mine last night. All came out pretty easily except one. Squirted penetrating oil down the oil, had a brew and then started slowly undoing and doing it up again until it got looser then it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom