glow plugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joecdi

Car
220 cdi estate
Anyone know why when I start my 220 cdi estate the glow plug goes out after started then comes back on for about a minute the goes of again also it comes back on sometimes when I'm driving the goes of again cheers

You have a faulty plug (likely) and/or relay (not so likely)

STAR will tell you which plug and if the relay is kaput

Just bear in mind a full compliment of working glow plugs is unnecessary in the UK, we don't have the climate to need them.. I ignored mine doing that for 12 months and it was perfectly fine..

Just bear in mind a full compliment of working glow plugs is unnecessary in the UK, we don't have the climate to need them.. I ignored mine doing that for 12 months and it was perfectly fine..

Depends on engine, V6 CDIs are more sensitive... also not sure how OM651 is performing...

edit: and neglecting faulty plug ensures that IF it ever need to change, it is stuck for sure...

Depends on engine, V6 CDIs are more sensitive... also not sure how OM651 is performing...

edit: and neglecting faulty plug ensures that IF it ever need to change, it is stuck for sure...

I'm not sure about the last point (but it sounds logical), can't see why the fact that a glow plug isn't. well, glowing, would make it any more of a challenge to change - they're a PITA either way..

As above, Glow plugs should be changed when worn out, saves alot of headaches later

The ECU tells the glowplug relay how long to heat the plugs for before starting and after starting for cold start and non cold starting its part of the engine idle monitoring and control on CDI engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom