Glow time output stage (Glow plug relay) can bus?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herishi

Car
2007 E280 Sport
doe anyone know if the glow time output stage is on the can bus on a 211 2007 3.0 V6 Diesel?

Part number A 642 900 58 01

I have a glow plug warning light on my dash ( though no issues starting) and when I read the error codes I get a Can Controller "Can bus OFF 1 2 4 8" error

Thank for you help guys

Steve

What are you reading it with?

The glow plug light remaining on for around 60s after starting points to one or more of the plugs being faulty.

When my glow plug relay gave up the ghost there was no indication on the dash , just turning over longer when really cold before it fired up.

GP`s are easy to check with a multimeter once you remove some pipework and their electrical plugs.

Kenny

I agree with KennyN however I have seen a W211 E320 CDI which had the GP light on and was sent for Diagnosis (dealer), had the plugs, relay and another part changed but the light remained on. No effect on the car starting or running so was left as is rather than throwing parts at it.

All new plugs n relay 6 months ago, I think when the voltage regulator died it killed the glow relay (I hope) was hard to start this morning but other than that no issues, got a relay on order so will see when it arrives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are anywhere near me I would put in on Xentry for you and see what comes up

Coventry

damn that a long way from me :-(

this issue is now solved, the pattern voltage regulator was putting noise on the LIN bus and preventing comms.

When I changed to a new genuine Valeo Voltage regulator I was left with only one error, this was the glow output stage relay it's self, so once I replaced this everything is perfect :)

Late coming in to this, but my problem (on E320 cdi) was glow plug light came on as normal and I started the engine after it went off. But about 10 seconds later it came on again - engine running normally - and stayed on for about 45 seconds, then went off permanently. This was when engine was started from cold. When the engine was restarted when hot, glow plug lamp behaviour was normal. I had it diagnosed on star, and one glow plug was faulty, they say. They suggested replacing them all, which I approved. Not used the car since, so I hope it's all OK now!

The glow plugs were all replaced after a period of difficult starting at 94k miles. I'm on 150k now. I thought they might have lasted longer than that, but looks like I was wrong there.

Late coming in to this, but my problem (on E320 cdi) was glow plug light came on as normal and I started the engine after it went off. But about 10 seconds later it came on again - engine running normally - and stayed on for about 45 seconds, then went off permanently. This was when engine was started from cold. When the engine was restarted when hot, glow plug lamp behaviour was normal. I had it diagnosed on star, and one glow plug was faulty, they say. They suggested replacing them all, which I approved. Not used the car since, so I hope it's all OK now!

The glow plugs were all replaced after a period of difficult starting at 94k miles. I'm on 150k now. I thought they might have lasted longer than that, but looks like I was wrong there.
Hi, did you get to the bottom of this? Just purchased an 05 E320 cdi that has the same issue.

I found that when a glow plug shorts out it blows the glow plug controller relay. You replace that and then replace the glow plug. Don’t shear it off.

I found that when a glow plug shorts out it blows the glow plug controller relay. You replace that and then replace the glow plug. Don’t shear it off.
Thank you for updating your findings. If that is the case, that every time a glow plug goes it blows the relay?! It could get very expensive!

Thank you for updating your findings. If that is the case, that every time a glow plug goes it blows the relay?! It could get very expensive!
I suppose if the glow plug shorts out it will blow the relay. Very rare occurrence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom