Glueing down the 3 pointed star to prevent theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonecho

Car
W205 C200 petrol
Just noticed my neighbours 3 pointed star has been swiped from the grill of his new E Class. It looks like it was held in by a quarter turn and probably took 5 seconds to steal, as the grill is completely undamaged.

I have a C Class on order and am thinking this will have a similar arrangement. Is there any good reason why I should not glue the 3 pointed star to the grill? I am thinking about the servicing and maintenance of the car.

If you make it more difficult, its likely your car will receive damage when they use more effort to remove.

Keep a pair of pliers in the car and remove the star each evening.

Wire it up to the ignition coil - much higher voltage :devil:

Some have been known to sharpen the lower edges of the stars to razor sharpness - caution though as blood is not good for your paintwork .

Making the star the trigger for a pistol or flame thrower firing through the grille is another option .

Last edited:
Don't

As you say - they stole it without further damage, glue it in and they will still steal it - but wreck the grille in the process.....

Stop worrying,a one off no doubt.

Some have been known to sharpen the lower edges of the stars to razor sharpness - caution though as blood is not good for your paintwork .

There's an idea.:D

Somebody did it , I can remember reading on one of the forums - after getting two or three stars stolen as soon as they were fitted , he filed all the edges to razor sharpness : next morning the star was still there and blood on the bonnet and grille , so it worked !

I've also heard of people insulating the star from the body and wiring up a large electrolytic capacitor to it - shocking I believe .

Well I thought the grill was undamaged but on closer inspection there was damage. Talking to the owner it will cost £438 to repair. Stolen by 2 kids at our local ASDA as seen on CCTV but only a long distance shot so they can't be identified.

Somebody did it , I can remember reading on one of the forums - after getting two or three stars stolen as soon as they were fitted , he filed all the edges to razor sharpness : next morning the star was still there and blood on the bonnet and grille , so it worked !

I've also heard of people insulating the star from the body and wiring up a large electrolytic capacitor to it - shocking I believe .

Not a bad idea... Keeps the star on the bonnet and teaches them a lesson :devil:

Legal position in the event of a collision with a pedestrian?

Don't know anything about it occifer.

Must have had a sharp edge when it came out of the mould.

At some point , people have to take responsibility for their criminality.

Oh so you cut yourself while trying to steal something ? Boo hoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom