Glycine watches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Anybody here got one? I'm considering getting one, to give the Rolex a rest, and wondered if anyone here had any experience of them?

Never heard of them, post a picture up, I have just bought an Elliot James watch, I had never heard of them, but what a lovely looking watch

Look at a hublot , they make amazing watches

I treat myself to one for my birthday this year and I love it

Hublot big bang 44mm

1461577456-4109.jpg

Glycine watches- made in Switzerland-- Avaitors in Vietnam used their Airman model. In the days of solid state watches the accuracy offered by all the well known brands who made their reputation in the era of mechanical movements BREITLING, HUBLOT, ROLEX etc mean these mechanical masterpieces are now essentially prized as personal jewelry rather than accurate timepieces. Nothing wrong with that but difficult to distinguish between these manufacturers in any way.

I have a vintage gold Rolex and a modern, subtle, Breitling in my collection but find that I'm more likely to wear something Japanese on a day-to-day basis.

The Seiko SKX 009 or 007 are pretty unbeatable at the price. Orient make some interesting looking watches, however, the quality isn't the best.

Trusty old Omega Seamaster is my daily never let's me down its taken a fair old battering over the years but still looks good as new.

Problem now days is every ones got a Rolex , breitling , hublot. A lot of fakes out there which are getting better and better too.

flango said:
Trusty old Omega Seamaster is my daily never let's me down its taken a fair old battering over the years but still looks good as new.
My Seamaster is having a little rest at the moment, I bought a Breitling Aerospace a few months ago which has become my regular wearer. So light to wear, and a nice clear face.

Currently wearing my old Tag Heuer 2000 because it is so easy to change the time zones (in Canada at present)

At a slightly lower price band, I do like my Christopher Ward Trident Pro. CW are a lot of (Swiss) watch for the money.

My Seamaster is having a little rest at the moment, I bought a Breitling Aerospace a few months ago which has become my regular wearer. So light to wear, and a nice clear face.

Currently wearing my old Tag Heuer 2000 because it is so easy to change the time zones (in Canada at present)

At a slightly lower price band, I do like my Christopher Ward Trident Pro. CW are a lot of (Swiss) watch for the money.

Enjoy Canada our job out there is on hold as it is in the middle of the wildfires in Fort McMurray. So not been out there since March. Next stop for me Chile

Safe travels mate

.... In the days of solid state watches the accuracy offered by all the well known brands who made their reputation in the era of mechanical movements BREITLING, HUBLOT, ROLEX etc mean these mechanical masterpieces are now essentially prized as personal jewelry rather than accurate timepieces....

I agree with that statement. I absolutly admire anything to do with watchmaking, the history of, and current timepieces.

Said that, when I want to know what the time is, I look at my phone that gets the time from the GSM network, or at the watch in instrument cluster that gets the time from the GPS satellites, either of which will be more accurate.

A colleague is a member of a car club and occasionally I get to 'ride shotgun' in a McLaren or Ferrari... the technology in these cars is intoxicating... it's both a pleasure and a privilege to be in one. But as a 'car' they are totally pointless, unless you take them to track days, which most owners don't.

As for Glycine watches... never heard of them before, but it sounds interesting:

http://glycine-watch.ch

The one that I'm considering is a F1040

Glycine are lovely watches I've owned a couple over the years along with most other brands on the market, it's an addiction that can only be cured by having kids and losing your disposable income :)

Also look at Sinn watches specifically the U1 which is what I traded a glycine combat for not one regret the Sinn is a stonking watch.

Bremont for me although having disliked the date magnifying lens on watches I now find I wish I had one!

Love my Rolex gmt master, a source of pleasure every time I look at it. For weekends and gardening a Sinn, lovely aviator style.

I've had this one about 18 months now and it's still a regular on the wrist.

973b52937305a98d831a1caba1bd179f_zps08962bb2.jpg

Here's a photo of what I am considering. I like the simplicity of it, its size, and the black face with white numbering. It's quite different from anything that I currently own and would hopefully fit a bit better than my Rolex under 5ighter shirt sleeves.

Attachments

• fetch.jpg
    fetch.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom