Glycine watches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks very nice but at approx 48mm diameter would probably be too big for my wrist.

Well, chaps, I've put in an offer. Here's hoping!

Those fashionable larger style Aviator watches can be quite literally a pain, the crown is often large enough to seriously "dig in" to the back of the hand and cause an issue after long periods.

Unless of course you wear them as originally intended...outside your flying suit sleeve ;)

Offer accepted! Hoping to pick it up later this week. :)

I'very got a feel that if going back to work works out, my watch collection might expand even yet further. I'm sorely tempted to get an ETA 7750 based watch next.

Well done, one thing which puzzles me slightly is the thought that it will fit better under a shirt cuff than a Rolex.

Apart from the Deepsea which is quite thick I'd have though all the others would be considerably smaller than the F104.

Ian_Mac said:
Well done, one thing which puzzles me slightly is the thought that it will fit better under a shirt cuff than a Rolex. Apart from the Deepsea which is quite thick I'd have though all the others would be considerably smaller than the F104.

Double button hole cuffs.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Double button hole cuffs.

I wear French cuffs, so cufflinks. Some of them are a little tight and I struggle to get the Rolex under. That said, it might well be that the Glycine is no better, in which case, I guess I'll just have to buy another watch!:doh::bannana:

ChrisEdu said:
I wear French cuffs, so cufflinks. Some of them are a little tight and I struggle to get the Rolex under. That said, it might well be that the Glycine is no better, in which case, I guess I'll just have to buy another watch!:doh::bannana:

Jackie Stewart has all his shirts tailored with a "watch cuff" slightly wider on his left wrist.

I have very tiny wrists and big watches. No real issues.

If my psoriasis ever clears, I'll probably roll my sleeves up or wear them un-cuffed.

Collected today. Fits my wrist nicely and is so easy to read thanks to the clarity of the dial.

Attachments

• 2016-06-09 15.09.06.jpg
    2016-06-09 15.09.06.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 42
I have very large wrists (a sign of inbreeding apparently) and prefer a larger watch but anything over 46mm is more clock than watch in my opinion.

Congrats, great value brand. I nearly bagged a lagunare Dive watch a while back. Some of my friends have Glycine watches and have been more than happy.

I have very large wrists (a sign of inbreeding apparently) and prefer a larger watch but anything over 46mm is more clock than watch in my opinion.

If only I'd thought of strapping a carriage clock to my wrist! :)

My Glycine Airman 2000 is the only watch I have kept for longer than a couple of years, had it for over 10 years now, I love it.

GlycineAirman2000-cropped.jpg~original

Large wrists here also 8.5" and it is a pain as any bl00dy watch I buy I have to order (usually at great expense) either a XL strap or a few more links, and if they happen to be Rolex links I could have bought a really nice cheaper watch for that money :crazy: , I have a 42mm Omega AT and even that feels slightly too big IMO, so I try to keep them to 40mm max...although difficult sometimes as there are some very nice looking BIG watches out there, not the fashion carp but something like Pannies etc etc.

That Glycine looks very nice indeed. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom