Glycol - is my potential purchase at risk?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cje001

Car
tbc
Hi all,

Newbie first post - arrange to view a Merc CLK 500 tomorrow and wondering if im at risk from this Glycol issue ref the Valeo Radiators.

I`ve searched and am finding it difficult to clarify as my car has a date on the V5 of 01/09/03

VIN number is

WDB2093752F071211

Can someone clarify this for me asap as i`m going to look at it tomorrow morning!

Thanks- Chris

I have spoken to the dealer and looked at the receipts he has provided for the car - can someone confirm that the image below would be an ID on the Glycol issue and replacement box, torque converter and radiator etc?

Please can someone help as i really want this car and it appears that the issue has been remedied in 2008.

GEARBOXRECEIPT.jpg

Don't think you have anything to worry about. according to this thread the latest part no for a replacement radiator is A 2035004203 and dated at 2008 its highly unlikely your replacement MB radiator is of the "faulty generation" even if made by VALEO. Which Behr radiator? - MBWorld.org Forums Preferred make is usually BEHR altho many after market people use NISSENS.

Last edited:
I wouldn't take my lawn mower to that garage, terrible service:eek:

Thats good info grober - thanks - can anyone confirm this 100% before i part with cash tomorrow?

From what im looking at here they seem to have put a Valeo Radiator back on!??

Mercedes Radiator 2035004203 - RM European Auto Parts

Is that right???

Valeo radiators are good quality, but the early ones had a problem with the rubber seals not sealing properly due to lack of compound being used.
Later ones don't have this problem as compound was used.

In theory, there would be nothing stopping one removing the radiator, stripping out the banjo bolts, cleaning up the rubber seals, adding a bit of sealant and refitting it.

I can confirm that according to the official EPC under your VIN no the first rad no is A2035003903 subsequently replaced by A2035004203

I can confirm that according to the official EPC under your VIN no the first rad no is A2035003903 subsequently replaced by A2035004203

Grober - brilliant!

So just to confirm as im flapping a bit!!!

A2035003903

This was the defective radiator?

So Valeo found the issue and replace with

A2035004203

This is the one this car now has - so problem solved and the car is fine.

Do you mean in your experience mate or in reply to my concerns?

family experience.

still waiting to be notified when i can have a test drive....
coolant level light on driving home after dads CLS service
Uncle bought E55 from them £78k, still waiting to test drive E63....

Plus i read a while a go others had similar problems!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom