Gmail and POP3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
For some reason although I keep the password stores MS Outlook 2003 keeps giving me a pop up requesting a username and password. The correct details are stored but it keeps popping up.

I have not been able to send emails right for a few days. Everytime MS outlook 2003 does its send recieve thing, the pop up comes prompting for a password and username.

Is there any other email client recommended.

I like MS outlook 2003 and previously had gmail with POP3 forwarding and it worked well.

G mail and Thunderbird works really well. I had exactly the problem you are having when I had Outlook try and Pop Vodafone mail, hence the reason for my switch to Thunderbird.

Try deleting the mail account and then setting it up again that sometimes cures it :thumb:

I had thunderbird, found it clunky and backward feeling. although if it works thats a plus

PS done the removing account off the client and adding, never worked...

I had thunderbird, found it clunky and backward feeling. although if it works thats a plus

PS done the removing account off the client and adding, never worked...

The new version of Thunderbird is a lot more refined and less clunky but I agree the early versions were shocking :thumb:

Having issues with Thunderbird but can access gmail via web using my user name and password

I now cannot create the account on Thunderbird yet I can log into gmail mail itself but using the IMAP configuration for thunderbird it will not accept the username and password.

Is this to do with the migration from googlemail to gmail? The issue appears to be googles, not mine

Who is your service provider? you may have to put the smtp server of your isp instead of the gmail one.

It should be one of these. just the last 3 words.
BT Internet= mail.btinternet.com
BT Openworld= mail.btopenworld.com
BTClick= smtp.btclick.com

On IMAP now in thunderbird and it seems ok

Ta everyone for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom