gmail - change new look back to old look?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Can that be done?

Never use it. Takes forever to load. And thats with filtering most of the ad crap.

Look down the bottom of the page and select default basic or similar. Occasionally it still tries to load the page with the new style, but I usually get, "your page is loading really slowly, would you like to set default page to basic".
No kidding, turn off all the java crap google ads servers, and it might work.

I use Opera browser which filters most of the ad rubbish, but I pity IE or chrome users. Well serves them right really :rolleyes:

You talking about the very new look (released today)?

Click on the gear-like thing at the top right (the settings button) and click "revert to the old look temporarily"

If you just want the basic html layout, while GMail is loading (loading bar at the top left of the screen) just click on the link at the bottom right of the page

I hated it when I first saw it, but then I clicked on the gear icon at the top right and selected "compact" and now it doesn't waste all the space to look nice; It looks pretty much like the old gmail.

Never use it. Takes forever to load. And thats with filtering most of the ad crap.

Look down the bottom of the page and select default basic or similar. Occasionally it still tries to load the page with the new style, but I usually get, "your page is loading really slowly, would you like to set default page to basic".
No kidding, turn off all the java crap google ads servers, and it might work.

I use Opera browser which filters most of the ad rubbish, but I pity IE or chrome users. Well serves them right really :rolleyes:

I use Chrome with an ad-block extension and never get bothered with any ads. Haven't used Opera so cant compare to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom