GMP chief dead?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

recycled

MB Enthusiast
police chief dead.
Any news on what is going on?Very sad and top copper as well.

Bit indulgent of him to put other's lives at risk by apparently committing suicide in such a location in bad weather.

Bit indulgent of him to put other's lives at risk by apparently committing suicide in such a location in bad weather.

Anyone who (apparently) commits suicide has a disturbed mind and normal rules don't apply.

Instead, we should express our sympathy for the man's wife and family, friends and colleagues, and thanks to the mountain rescue team who recovered his body.

No doubt the media will uncover what may have led to his unfortunate (alleged) suicide in the next few days.

Anyone who (apparently) commits suicide has a disturbed mind and normal rules don't apply.

Sorry, I really can't agree with this. A fair number of people choose to commit suicide in the most unbelievably selfish fashion and it is pure cowardice. Their actions are beyond contempt. Two that spring to mind are those who throw themselves in front of a train without a moment's thought for the poor train driver who will probably carry that with them for the rest of their life and the other method: to park on a level crossing possibly killing and injuring many other people in the process.

We don't consider a "disturbed state of mind" to excuse the actions of a murderer or a paedophile so I am not sure why suicide buys you the right to put others lives at risk?

Agreeing with the two posts above in diffrent ways, some suiciders feel they have nobody and nowhere to turn to, possibly they dont know about the great work the samaritans do or other charities...

When they feel they have no other option than to take their own life its sad but also nature... the weakest die and the strongest survive. If they end it, they dont face the consequences or the reactions of the people they hurt the most, indeed some dont have anybody to hurt. I beleive its deeply pshycological and once the body has decided to 'end current programs' to be diplomatic they will do it one way or another...

Would you class some one who has just commited suicide a 'suicide victim', when ever you hear about it in the news thats what they call them, a victim. Not in my opinion, they are not a victim but havnt been given the time to express their feelings to an un-judging person.

Sorry, I really can't agree with this. A fair number of people choose to commit suicide in the most unbelievably selfish fashion and it is pure cowardice. Their actions are beyond contempt. Two that spring to mind are those who throw themselves in front of a train without a moment's thought for the poor train driver who will probably carry that with them for the rest of their life and the other method: to park on a level crossing possibly killing and injuring many other people in the process.

We don't consider a "disturbed state of mind" to excuse the actions of a murderer or a paedophile so I am not sure why suicide buys you the right to put others lives at risk?

I am impressed by the kindness and sympathy that clearly lies behind your contribution to this discussion.

I am impressed by the kindness and sympathy that clearly lies behind your contribution to this discussion.

Mike Todd brought the turmoil in his mind upon himself.

whos mike todd?

I think i am right in suggesting hes the flying machine? or ex flying... either or.

Last edited:

What? If you want to go for sarcasm, surely you can do better than that.

Can't I hold my own opinion if it differs from yours? Am I not allowed to express it? I have known two people who have committed suicide. It isn't funny but it is especially not funny for the people left to pick up the pieces. In this case, he has left behind three young children and a wife who also has to publicly come to terms with him having a long-term affair.

The way I understand this is that folks might take their own lives because their mind is unbalanced.

If the mind is unbalanced then it might be unfair to even begin to suggest they should behave in a reasoned manner as they might not be capable of reasoned thought. They are mentally ill.

If we have a compound fracture of a leg, can we walk on that leg? That fracture is visible, we can understand the mechanics of making the person better. It could be that some mental illnesses are not so visible and we might not be so understanding?

I'm sure the majority of suicidal people would never want to intentionally harm anyone but at the time they attempt this act then perhaps they are not thinking straight or thinking of anyone else?

I am NOT referring to ANY specific person or alleged case.

My thoughts go out to all families that have lost someone due to a set of circumstances we might never understand.

Finally I would just like to suggest we tread on eggshells with our comments as this can be a very emotive topic. (please)

Regards
John

Can't I hold my own opinion if it differs from yours? Am I not allowed to express it? I have known two people who have committed suicide...

I think the point would have to be that your attention was drawn to this being a highly emotive subject, very personal to a number of people - and in a forum where an exchange of views is expected, a degree of respect is appreciated.

In a group of people there will be a number of different experiences that relate to suicide, I know mine is unique to me and very, very personal.

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom