Go Faster E300D OM 606 (How!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
Hi All,

Last week I bought a W210 saloon, E300D. It was my intention to sell it on once it had served my purpose of getting me to Belgium.
Well, I got to Belgium and enjoyed every minute of it, so much so that I'm going to keep it.
I've just got ot the age where I think brown, beige and cream look great together, so this elegance cloth interior and smoke silver paint suit me perfectly.

Just one question, is there an easy way to make it go a little quicker?

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but in case I don't, is there a chip-tune or similar? I know nothing of this stuff.

I can't think why it seems so slow on the uptake, I already have w123 300d.

Cheers,

Paul

I have a 1999 W210 E300TD

The previous owner had the engine re-mapped with a Superchips chip.

Power, apparently, is up from 177hp to 221hp and lb/ft torque up by nearly 100 to 400.

My mate owns and runs a W210 E300 saloon and says my car is noticeably faster and more powerful. I havnt driven a standard one and so I cant compare but its QUICK!

Stu

I can't think why it seems so slow on the uptake, I already have w123 300d.

If at any time the software has been reset then the box will re-learn how you drive and respond accordingly. I think it does this from new?

Maybe this was done and one of the previous owners drove very slowly and steadily so the box 'learned' that style of driving?

Stu

On an Atmo diesel the only thing you can do is increase the fueling until there is visible smoke.
To ensure the maximum volume of air enters the engine measure any pressure drop in the intake manifold and any back pressure in the exhaust and eradicate it.

Thanks for the input, all.

155 vs 181 lb ft torque is the difference between my old 300sd (om617 181lb) and the '96. The old bugger absolutelly flies in comparison - on the way up to cruising speed that is. The '96 screams its way to 60.

Previous owner was very old.

Cheers,

Paul

Is your S/W switch in the S position?? My 300TD can race many things off of the lights even with a smoke haze behind, search on here for resetting the autobox,and give it some beans off the lights, make the rev counter move.

haa!! just found out E300D had only 4 speed auto box which will not have a switch. did you try italian tune up?

Isobars, is your car an early W210 with no turbo, I have driven one and it was slowwwwww :dk:.

They are not actually as slow as they feel, but due to a very flat torque curve they have linear acceleration which feels slow.

Hi All,

Yes it's a '96, auto, s/w.

I think it isn't so much the speed as the high revving that's needed to get there which makes it a little hard to get used to.

I wasn't going to ask about an Italian Tune up, I thought it was something you paid money to a young lady for: so OK, I'll ask; what's an Italian tune-up??!!

Cheers,

Paul

if it has no turbo there is not a lot you can do service it and check the pump timing or make sure the boot isnt full of rubish and lighten it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom