"Go faster" Stripes for a C63S AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milleniumaire

Car
2019 C63S AMG Premium Plus
Hi guys/girls,

During Covid-19 lockdown, the 2019 C63S AMG Premium Plus I purchased in February has been stuck in the garage as it is surplus to requirements while isolating at home. I have now cleaned, waxed and protected every accessible part of the car and is now probably one of the cleanest cars I have ever owned!

I have been wondering if I should splash out and have some vinyl stripes put on the car as I've seen a few images of Iridium Silver versions with the black stripes down each side. I don't think I would go for the bonnet/roof/boot stripes as this just seems a little too "boy racer", whereas the side stripes add some interest.

Here's my car without the side stripes:

2019 C63S AMG.jpg

Here's an image of a similar silver C63 I found with the stripes. Sorry, it's not a very good image and the stripes are hard to see, also this is an older 2017 version of the car.

1589888961081.png

So, would you go for the side stripes or leave it as is?

If anyone has a silver version of this car with stripes, could you please post some photos?

Possibly, a better image of the stripes on a silver version, although the stripes look a little "blury" in this photo.

1589889262987.png

Look good i think, if you like it go for it after all it is yours

Do what you like!

I think it works with or without the vinyl stripes to be honest.

It's your car, and when you're driving it you can't see them😎

Forget other opinions as its your car and your choice, I mean heck on all my wife's car I have had to put on hot pink stripes

Like those stripes, there not to much, just right, but imo don't go for the the other stripes they wouldn't suit the car at all, lovely motor by the way, nice colour combo. :cool::thumb:
Oh and a belated welcome. :)

Side stripes look quite subtle and a nice contrast with the silver. Agree on not having the bonnet stripes etc.

I think, not 100% sure, but it probably won't be any faster! 😅

The lower W205 C63s ”Edition 1“ stripes look good 👍

Before the lockdown I saw 3 C-Class's within the last month with these fitted, non were AMG and all were diesel W204s, cars which never had these fitted.

£8 from here:

For that reason:
tenor.gif

If you want to be noticed - fit the stripes. All the boy racers will buzz you

If you want to be discrete, and fly below the radar, leave them off..

As already said, it looks good with it without. Depends whether you prefer subtlety or not, visually the stripe will give it a sporting edge, the effect of which is probably more pronounced than I would expect. If you do it, then I think I would stick with black.

PS Welcome to MBClub, nice car 👍🏻

Side stripes look quite subtle and a nice contrast with the silver. Agree on not having the bonnet stripes etc.

I think, not 100% sure, but it probably won't be any faster! 😅
I dont think that car really needs to go much faster tbh! :cool:

The added weight and aero drag will make it slower ;)

Thanks for all your comments and thoughts, it's useful to get some feedback.

This afternoon I called my local Merc dealers and they sent me details of the stripes they sell for my model:

1589919407692.png

As you can see, this particular stripe runs across the door, rather than just above the sills.

This is the only one they say they sell, which surprised me. I guess the only way to get the lower stripe would be through an after market seller.

Wow ! At £258 that’s real Merc prices.

I used sell coachlines and decals to the motor trade but nothing in that price range.

BTW it’s your car so do what you like best. My opinion,mthe lower over looks nice and sporty without being too tacky.
I had colour coded fine line coach lines on most of my cars including my Jaguar XF and Rover 75’s but so far I’ve avoided putting them on my Mercs.

Thanks for all your comments and thoughts, it's useful to get some feedback.

This afternoon I called my local Merc dealers and they sent me details of the stripes they sell for my model:

View attachment 96585

As you can see, this particular stripe runs across the door, rather than just above the sills.

This is the only one they say they sell, which surprised me. I guess the only way to get the lower stripe would be through an after market seller.
I think the one they’ve provided is an accessory, I suspect that what you are looking for was part of an optional package, perhaps Edition 1? If you can find a car with it from the factory and get hold of the VIN then you may be able to get the part number.

Personally I'm not a fan. To my eyes they look out of keeping with a classy car like that.

OP, what did you end up doing? Did you get the racing stripes put on?? If so, then which ones?

I'm thinking about putting on Racing Stripes on my C63 W204 saloon/sedan.

Also...

Nice Edition 1 C63S up for sale on eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom