Gobsmacked!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GillyC63

Car
C63
Just had a call from MB approved paintshop, Mercedes have authorised a full respray due to the micro blistering on my Fire Opal C63, with the exception of plastics.
I really didn't expect this as it's a 2012 model & thought I would have to pay myself.
Fair play MB & the MB approved paintshop that pushed this through.

Ask them for a price to do the plastic bits while they're at it, there are a lot of posts on here and t'other side about this problem, including some where the respray FO Red is a different colour to the existing FO Red of the not resprayed plastic bits.

Ask them for a price to do the plastic bits while they're at it, there are a lot of posts on here and t'other side about this problem, including some where the respray FO Red is a different colour to the existing FO Red of the not resprayed plastic bits.
I've already told them I want the plastics done, they said we can sort a price. :)

Edit

That's the car gone into the bodyshop today. They reckon on 2-3 weeks, told them no rush.
They've also had 2 more Fire Opal cars in this week, one a CLK which they said was the worst they have ever seen, apparently the owner has been messed about for over 9 months before finally ending up at the bodyshop, mine has taken 8 weeks.

Hey buddy, what it you who I met at the Cobham services meet in August?? If so remember you saying about it all being done then.. cracking news that it's being sorted..

Are you planning on having a paint correction and coating afterwards??

Hey buddy, what it you who I met at the Cobham services meet in August?? If so remember you saying about it all being done then.. cracking news that it's being sorted..

Are you planning on having a paint correction and coating afterwards??
Sorry buddy, wasn't me.
Hopefully pick her up tomorrow or Saturday😃 can't wait.
Yep, there will be some magic worked on the paint & a ceramic coating applied.

Sorry buddy, wasn't me.
Hopefully pick her up tomorrow or Saturday😃 can't wait.
Yep, there will be some magic worked on the paint & a ceramic coating applied.
Ah, God stuff buddy shall look forward to some finished pics, and detail progress.. do you have any other plans for it

Ah, God stuff buddy shall look forward to some finished pics, and detail progress.. do you have any other plans for it
I have taken them some Carbon bits to fit for me & they have asked if they can use the car as a promotion for the services they offer.
I've sent the front grill inserts to a place called Wicked Coatings & they are working their magic on them, apart from that got new discs & pads to fit & hopefully that's it! 😆

I have taken them some Carbon bits to fit for me & they have asked if they can use the car as a promotion for the services they offer.
I've sent the front grill inserts to a place called Wicked Coatings & they are working their magic on them, apart from that got new discs & pads to fit & hopefully that's it! 😆
Lol.. that's never it, I bought my car 18mnths ago and I'm still adding to it..

Well I picked the car up today, to say I'm more than delighted would be an understatement :D looks amazing, the bodyshop have done a fantastic job 👍unfortunately the weather here is shocking, so MOT in the morning & then hopefully a few pics of the paint & my little touches.

Quick teaser, took this morning before dropping her off for MOT. :D

Attachments

• 5F5BDFB0-4D8F-4F65-A711-598EAEBE67CB.jpeg
    5F5BDFB0-4D8F-4F65-A711-598EAEBE67CB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 9EA643C4-B2D4-431E-BA5C-8A9026C0A17A.jpeg
    9EA643C4-B2D4-431E-BA5C-8A9026C0A17A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • 8895B5D4-9F78-4722-AA0F-67D4C3D8CD92.jpeg
    8895B5D4-9F78-4722-AA0F-67D4C3D8CD92.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
That looks smart buddy,.. More carbon goodies to complement that I suspect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom