God Bless Mercedes of Preston

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
Got to post this. How many Mercedes Benz Main Dealers will give you, for free, a 350 V6 Engine complete:eek: (that includes injection set, alternator, steering pump, get the idea?)valued at £12,500? Its done no more than 6000 miles. Being replaced under warranty as the timing chain slipped one tooth. May have to do a little head work, but what the heck. Its only time.

Was this out of an ML? 3.7 as one was on flea bay for months?

Well done Ian. It couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke. Your just been rewarded for all the help you give to others. Good luck to you.

Wahey nice one Ian. Not only are they generous, they also have some gorgeous ladies working there too :D

Cool! What you going to put it in?

Thinking along the lines of a W124 Coupe conversion. But, before I make any hasty decisions, lets see how big it is and will it fit the engine bay, without having to make my steering box redundant. I will also need a manual gearbox too. This is all in the future though. Or even my E320 Estate, now that would be fun :D

Congrats Ian!

Is it in your yard?

The last cool engine I saw on a crate was the one that goes into the SLR's when I worked at the Tech Centre in Woking.

I used to be able to walk all around the building (I was a Site Engineer for the Main Contractor.

Can't wait to see this beauty though!

Regards,

KJ

Nice one.

And to think I was chuffed when my dealer gave me some MB valve caps!! :D

Thats bloody awesome!

What normally happens to these units? Sent back for refurbishment?

Is this going in Ians new motor......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom