Godammit!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Germgh0st

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW G20 M340i
My 50th birthday present from the universe today was a pigeon at 80mph on the A1M who managed to appear out of nowhere and collide with the nearside front corner of the car :(

Once I'd pulled all the feathers out of the grille (no guts thankfully!) I could see that the impact has forced the bottom corner of the upper part of the grille (the bit with the MB badge on it) in towards the engine slightly. Try as I might I can't get my arm down there far enough to push it back on. Looks like a bumper off job :(

It's not exactly lined up with the clips and needs repositioning slightly for them to match up. Even pushing as much as I can from behind, which has left me with scratches all up my arm, I couldn't move it back onto the clips. It needs some proper direct force which unfortunately means the bumper needs to come off. I don't have the space to do it myself, or probably enough hands, so it'll need to go somewhere to be sorted.

Hope you get it sorted without too much of a problem. If you do have no joy yourself, Phil at Staithes garage in Dunston may be able to assist you. He is a MB indy. Good luck :thumb:

Am awaiting all the comments.......;)

"you were speeding, it is your fault"
"you are irresponsible for coming onto a public forum and admitting to breaking the law"
"you need to be more aware of your surroundings and adjust your driving style to suit the road conditions"

Hope you get it sorted without too much of a problem. If you do have no joy yourself, Phil at Staithes garage in Dunston may be able to assist you. He is a MB indy. Good luck :thumb:

"you are irresponsible for coming onto a public forum and admitting to breaking the law"
"you need to be more aware of your surroundings and adjust your driving style to suit the road conditions"
I was assuming that 80mph was the combined closing speed of car and Pigeon? 😁

Reactions: Abb

Meh, show me someone who has never gone a bit over the limit and I'll show you loads more who have :) It's not like I was being a total maniac and bullying my way down the outside lane, I was just sat comfortably cruising on the inside lane. I don't think the few seconds i would have saved by travelling at 70 and not 80 would have made any difference to whether I hit the pigeon or not. For everyone's informaton the road was dry, the sun was shining and the road was relatively quiet. Apart from the pigeon.

Turns out I have an indie just down the road in the form of Prestige German Cars. They charged me £60 for an hour labour to take off and refit the bumper, and £60 to stick it on the diagnostics machine and reset the collision detection.

So could have been worse!

**** dastardly. catch the pidgeon...catch the pidgeon:D Im sure penelope pitstop will calm you down while muttley laughs

I absolutely love pigeon pie 🥧 😋

1623267940220.png
It was that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom