Going down under

• Thread starter Deleted member 65149
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry I spoke! :(

I usually travel premium or business but still suffer with jet lag flying east>west.
I wasn’t having a pop. Just saying that many of us are fortunate enough not to suffer from long-haul flights.

The only thing that makes me suffer is being behind those people who insist on having their seat fully reclined for the whole journey and even have to be asked to raise their seat backs during meal times. Now that I have to pay for all flights myself it’s a very rare occurrence to be able to afford to avoid this possibility. We were fine when our daughter was younger and we managed to bag bulkhead seats for a bassinet. But she’s too big now so not only do we have to buy a seat for her, I have to face the likelihood of a TV screen up my hooter. I’ve cheated on the Singapore - Auckland and Melbourne - Singapore legs of this trip by reserving seats upstairs in the A380-800s with their 2-4-2 layout. I’ll be in the window seat behind my daughter.

One of my brothers was a captain with BA and then Virgin for many years and I still heed his advice on how best to limit jet lag. The first thing I do when settled in my seat is adjust my watch to the time of the first destination. It’s surprisingly effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom