Going outside the network

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanS320

Car
W221 S320
First time in 20+ years of car ownership I went 'outside the network' last week. I got parts and service at an indie.

Hugely pleased with the service.

I bought a w221 to see if they were 'too big' before spending serious cash but a few family trips to london and we fell in love with my blobby low spec limo.

I'm delighted I can keep running the 221 with service and repair commensurate with the value if the car. I was getting twitched it would be economical to pay £xxxx a month in payments for a 14/64 rather than thousands for seemingly trivial ongoing repairs or warranty.

I'm glad some advice on here pointed me to independents, thanks to those concerned.

Haha it felt a bit like that. Still really pleased though, I have huge respect for people with newish mercs who use and love the dealers but there needs to be a way to run the car properly when the value vs runningcost becomes a concern.

I ran an esprit se in the network for two year at about 4000 a year then swapped to DIY and indie for 600 and a better understanding of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom