Going S-Class Hunting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a good tip. It's something I always had switched on in my E Class but I suspsect it's quite a hefty motor in the steering column. I tested the feature out yesterday when viewing the car, I believe the seat moves back as well so I'll turn that off.

I'm sure I had it on in my 55 as well but I was doubting myself that I had it.

But then perhaps the W221/W222s draw more power as they are more complicated with more kit and my seats are heavier now than the ones in my 55.

It doesn't really seem to matter what consumers I enable now within reason - it still stays green a lot more of the time.

Yes that comfort setting does draw power because it also works when you get in and out,if you are not shall we say on the very large side there is no need for it,I used it for about two weeks just because it was new feature to me,but switched it off,the S w221/222 are heavy battery power users,I renewed my large battery behind the rear seat as I started to get some weird problems,given where the battery is and the size it was very easy to change.

Haha yeah, I mean with a car as large as even an E Class unless you have mobility issues or are on the much larger side, it's really not problematic!

Yes that comfort setting does draw power because it also works when you get in and out,if you are not shall we say on the very large side there is no need for it,I used it for about two weeks just because it was new feature to me,but switched it off,the S w221/222 are heavy battery power users,I renewed my large battery behind the rear seat as I started to get some weird problems,given where the battery is and the size it was very easy to change.

Yeah, does it when the engine isn't running too so no recharging either!

I'd never given it much thought prior to reading your post on it. Having thought about it after that, I realised anyway I unlocked the car, the seat and wheel move for you to get in, I get in, I drive out the garage, I get out to shut and lock the garage, get back in and drive off. It doesn't do convenience entry/exit beyond the first entry so the fact I could get in and out with them set as I like them means I wasn't getting much value out of that feature!

It's nearly Saturday Alex225. Hope you love it

I spent 3 years enjoying sitting extremely comfortably just here.
I wish you the very same experience :)

I've spent the last twelve years and must agree a very good experience. Enjoy. :)

Well, Alex, did you get it? :)
Oops :rolleyes: I see you did on t'other thread, very nice motor. :D

Last edited:
Thanks both. Totally forgot to reply to this thread.

But yes I did pick up that one. It’s very tidy and came up even better with a few hours TLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom