Going To Buy A BMW Today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

A black 1987 E30 325i Sport cabriolet automatic to be exact...

I've always wanted one of these, is there anything to look out for?

Last edited by a moderator:
A fairly recent episode of topgear explained all you need to know, the lads bought three of them and compared :)

nice weather

good luck

Last edited:
I've spoken to the seller and he's only done 10k in the car since buying it 7 year ago.

Short tax & test, but it's only done 1k since its last MOT so I don't envisage there being anything major.

I always wanted one of those myself but it would have to be a coupe
Good luck mate and let us know how you get on

There's a stick coming out from behind the steering wheel, which activates orange flashing lights on the nearside and offside sides of your car when you intend to turn.

Make sure it hasn't been welded into the central position. :devil:

Must be a good time to pick one up. You could sell it for a profit in the summer.

Post some pics when you get it!

I told him I'd probably restore it, but he says that there's not much wrong with it, so we shall see.

I'm getting a bit excited now...

A BMW? Are you feeling ok? *checks Lee's temperature* :eek:

My E32 of the same era, 1988 car, was a very strong and reliable car. In the 20yrs. of my ownership I did over 220k miles on top of the 45k miles on the clock when I bought it at 3yrs. old.
Very cost effective motoring in a bigish comfortable car......the E30 325 to my knowledge is of similar quality.

Mic

Creaking rear bushes i seem to remember from the one i had. Very annoying.

head gasket and make sure the gears change smoothly, apart from the usual tatty interior, accident damage, and also check chassis number and plate with scrutiny as they were around during the boom time when ringers were around.

check those things and you`ll be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom