Going To Buy A BMW Today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The bodywork needs a going over and the leather interior is a bit tired, but it runs sweet as a nut! :D :D

Well I never, sweetpea: the original yuppiemobile is on your 'cool' list.

I revel in the fact that a rough **** scally like me is running about in one of these 'yuppie-mobiles'.

I hope that there's one crying into his piña colada every time I fire the car up...:devil:

BMW leather never wears very well :( But, that car looks very sweet indeed, and a little work would make it very nice indeed! :)

Nice!!

It's funny how cars are convertibles until you cross over 1990 back into the 80s and they become cabriolets - or is there a technical difference?

Technically...

Cabriolet - designed from the outset as an open top, either at the same time or before the equivalent saloon.

Convertible - designed at a later date that the saloon upon which it's based.

Or was it the other way round??!! :D

The two terms are interchangable in common language though.

Looks great Sweetpea, have you tested the indicators? :devil:

Looks good sweetpea. Dont forget when you drive it you will get a different "attitude" from Mercedes drivers than when you are driving your Mercedes.

Does it have the Mrs seal of approval? bet it does.:thumb:

She doesn't like it, she's more Mercedes than me.

I've told her its for me and the kids anyway, she can walk or take the bigger, more luxurious, faster E320 CDi Sport...:rolleyes:

Took the old dear for the MOT this afternoon and she passed with flying colours! :D:D

It wasn't due until the middle of March, but I thought I'd get it done and out of the way, just in case there was any work to be done.

I've got my man coming tomorrow to have a butchers at the paintwork. Then it's just the leather restoration, mechanically she's sound.

I don't know how, Lee, but I'd missed this thread completely.

Looks great - very well done.

Is it a keeper or a profit maker?

Are you keeping the E Sport?

Is it a keeper or a profit maker?

Are you keeping the E Sport?
I'm not sure yet John, in answer to all of your questions...:eek:

Now it's got a full M.O.T. on it's worth a lot more, although I *don't think* I purchased it to sell on; I've always loved the E30 convertible (more so in straight six form) and this one came up at the right price so I thought why not?

I took my youngest out in it yesterday morning and it was lovely to hear a raspy 6cyl petrol engine on a clear, sunny day. One thing I have noticed is how sloooooowwwwww it is compared to the E320 and yes, I know there's 20 year between them but it shows you how far cars (especially diesels) have come.

It's also the first soft-top that I've been in that I don't actually feel a tw@t driving, it's really cool in my opinion.

One thing I have noticed is how sloooooowwwwww it is compared to the E320

I can remember going up against an E30 325i 2 door saloon in my E36 325i Coupe (which felt fast at the time).

Neck and neck up to 60/70 and then mine had the edge.

Probably now it would feel like pushing a bike...

You can't beat that silky 6 cylinder sound!

Cracking car :thumb:

I had the E30 325i sport which had the LSD & Sport suspension, if you have the sports suspension watch out for the sump...they are aluminium & I cracked 2 of them !! :wallbash:

I had a 325i touring up until very recently, used to get loads of people stop and speak to me about it.

325-0434.jpg

325-0440.jpg

325-0415.jpg

Fab wraparound dash :thumb:.

Had a visit from my painter and my upholstery man and it seems I *cough* underestimated the extent of the work needed to get it up to my high standards.

Couple that with how sloooooooow it is, the result is inevitable...

It's going.:(

Pity. But sadly most classic cars are quite slow by modern standards.

In hindsight I should have gone for a manual, I think it would've been a bit more enjoyable.

It's given me the petrol bug though, the throng of the straight six engine at full chat was beautiful, just a shame it sounded faster than it went...:eek:

In hindsight I should have gone for a manual, I think it would've been a bit more enjoyable.
My older cars are manual for just that reason.
It's given me the petrol bug though, the throng of the straight six engine at full chat was beautiful,

Try an OM606 TD, they sound remarkably similar when give the beans.

Not the same road presence, but MX5 can be bought very cheap, fast enough on B-roads also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom