Going To Buy A BMW Today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The joy of old cars is that they give you the sound and experience without needing to go to high speeds. The auto is pretty gutless though, but having driven a 325 manual regularly around town the clutch really did hurt my knee on a long slow drive.

i loved my 325i, chipped by B.B.R, Stainless manifold, adj Koni's, actually sold it more than i advertised it as two guys wanted it badly.

Last edited:
i loved my 325i, chipped by B.B.R,

Strange you mention chipped at BBR.
My Boss had a 525 and we took it to be chipped as my Citroen Xm 2.0i was quicker in real world driving.
Speaking to BBR it transpired that all the chip did was to advance the ignition timing a few degrees, they said they made no adjustments to the fuelling.

He still found the 525 slow so upgraded to a 530.

Had a visit from my painter and my upholstery man and it seems I *cough* underestimated the extent of the work needed to get it up to my high standards.

Couple that with how sloooooooow it is, the result is inevitable...

It's going.:(
Now how surprised am i ?:rolleyes::D

Strange you mention chipped at BBR.
My Boss had a 525 and we took it to be chipped as my Citroen Xm 2.0i was quicker in real world driving.
Speaking to BBR it transpired that all the chip did was to advance the ignition timing a few degrees, they said they made no adjustments to the fuelling.

He still found the 525 slow so upgraded to a 530.

I assume you mean the E39 (1996 > 2003) as he'd have been stuffed if it was the E34 - the 525i was quicker than the older 530i...

I've just taken a deposit. :thumb:

That is a shame - however, I'd probably notice the slowness as well.

It does put me off pursuing a dream from yesteryear as I know it will be tarnished.

At least selling it will be a walk in the park!

I assume you mean the E39 (1996 > 2003) as he'd have been stuffed if it was the E34 - the 525i was quicker than the older 530i...

Nope, E34 range in 1992.

The 530 was definitely more powerful and quicker, but still no ball of fire. My next door neighbour had a 540 which was Ok.

Scratch this - you did say 1992 which I missed...

I should clarify - the 6 cylinder 530 was worse than the 525.

The 8 cylinder 530 was faster than the 525 but a lot more juicy...

Last edited:
Scratch this - you did say 1992 which I missed...

I should clarify - the 6 cylinder 530 was worse than the 525.

The 8 cylinder 530 was faster than the 525 but a lot more juicy...

Fuel economy wasn't a major concern. Before the beemers were 3 Honda legends (2 saloons and a coupe), after the was a 3.0 Espace, then...??

Before these he cracked the cylinder head on his SAAB 900 Turbo giving it beans from cold.

In general cars didn't hang around for long. I got rid of a new Honda Accord after 7 months.

The new owner collected and paid in full today, no messing, he was happy as larry with the car.

I gave it a quick polish for him, it looked stunning in the evening dusk as he drive off...

I think I'm going to go for a W201 2.3 16v next and maybe be a bit more picky.

Now that's a proper car......phew!

The new owner collected and paid in full today, no messing, he was happy as larry with the car.

I gave it a quick polish for him, it looked stunning in the evening dusk as he drive off...

Acid`s got his one for sale :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom