Going to look at an Audi A8 W12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So north of £110k then?

I'm not too sure but the salesman did say £130K+ I'll see if I can get hold of the original invoice. I know the W12 had a lot of things standard but this car seems to have had nearly every extra apart from a rear fridge and the B&O sound system fitted.
As a self confessed gadget lover the W12 engine performance plus the cooled massage seats were top of my list. As I mentioned before all the ex-lease S8's I looked at didn't have any extras at all which is not surprising when you think about it as it adds to the lease cost.
Full list as follows. Audi Exclusive paint and leather. Adaptive cruise control. Audi parking system plus and Audi park assist. 360 degree cameras. Extended leather package. Head up display. Heated four spoke steering wheel with paddles. Night vision. Panoramic roofs. Seat ventilation and massage to all four seats. Air Ionising system. Speed warning system. So I think I'm going to enjoy any long journeys that I have to do from time to time.

That's a very nice car and I rather like the colour combination.

I've been looking at the last of the Phaetons recently as a possible replacement for our LR. They're relatively good value but they do lose out on looks to the Audi A8, especially from the back

Wow....I knew I'd bid low but 130k!!!

Recently watched a carwow review of the new A6, lovely car and it was speccd up to the max, nearly 90k!, For an A6. Steep.

I had an old school A6 2.6 auto estate and it was a solid car. I certainly wouldn't rule out trying a newer one but they do have a poor reputation for being driven by ****ers, rightly or wrongly. No offence BIRMA :)

Wow....I knew I'd bid low but 130k!!!

Recently watched a carwow review of the new A6, lovely car and it was speccd up to the max, nearly 90k!, For an A6. Steep.

I had an old school A6 2.6 auto estate and it was a solid car. I certainly wouldn't rule out trying a newer one but they do have a poor reputation for being driven by ****ers, rightly or wrongly. No offence BIRMA :)

I've just found a USA based configurator for the year of the car, bearing in mind a number of extras on my car are not listed I'm already up to $150,000 so I guess the salesman was about right.
I agree about Audi drivers, I consider myself a patient polite driver which is probably wasted as most will think I'm a Kn*b I expect.

That's a very nice car and I rather like the colour combination.

I've been looking at the last of the Phaetons recently as a possible replacement for our LR. They're relatively good value but they do lose out on looks to the Audi A8, especially from the back

I love my Phaeton, but after driving the A8 you realise the cars origins are very much 2004. Not that that's a bad thing if you like old school.

I know it's stating the obvious but the way these cars depreciate is really scary. I've paid just under £40K for the car so even if you value it at £120K new which is probably an underestimate. If truth be known I can't imagine loosing that sort of money although I'm sure the corporate first owner could afford it.
Rather like the AMG cars if you can catch them at the right time they are a relative bargain. This car like my AMG is like a brand new car and with 27K miles on the clock not even run in yet.

Brown doesn't scare me, I think that looks great! I'd love a big old barge, but the SLK barely fits in the garage - with an A8 I think the back third would be sticking out..

Cheers,

Gaz

What a lovely car, cannot imagine how nice a drive it is, enjoy yourself. Envious but not jealous,

Like it - very understated but obviously a lot of car for the money.

I don't mind "modern" versions of brown as I get older - except that it is not 1978 Austin Allegro / 1982 Vauxhall Cavalier Siht Brown which I don't like.

I can't believe how "cheap" that car was!

Like it - very understated but obviously a lot of car for the money.

I don't mind "modern" versions of brown as I get older - except that it is not 1978 Austin Allegro / 1982 Vauxhall Cavalier Siht Brown which I don't like.

I can't believe how "cheap" that car was!

Yes they were a flat brown colour if I remember correctly and pretty horrible. There are obviously a lot of multi coloured metal flakes in the paint (hence the Audi Exclusive badge) because in bright sunlight it does give off a nice multi colour effect no doubt expensive.

I agree it is cheap relatively speaking, I've checked into servicing costs and they don't seem outrageous no cambelt replacement as it has a chain. 21 inch tyres are expensive though.

Me too:) Re the sunglass holder :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, I use the CL sunglasses holder too. It's great!

I agree it is cheap relatively speaking, I've checked into servicing costs and they don't seem outrageous no cambelt replacement as it has a chain. 21 inch tyres are expensive though.

20s are very reasonable for mine so I guess 21 is still in that elitest category and therefore aren't common!

Yeah, I use the CL sunglasses holder too. It's great!

20s are very reasonable for mine so I guess 21 is still in that elitest category and therefore aren't common!

I'll definitely be buying some 20 inch wheels (the Rotar design) for my winter tyres as the price difference on the Pirelli winters is quite large. Must be the suspension on the A8 because it didn't feel harsh at all on the 21's.

I'll definitely be buying some 20 inch wheels (the Rotar design) for my winter tyres as the price difference on the Pirelli winters is quite large. Must be the suspension on the A8 because it didn't feel harsh at all on the 21's.

Please not "Rotors". Even A1/3s have Rotors now. Have a look at the 20" "V spokes". I had them on my RS5. Much better looking wheel (IMO).

AUDI RS4 B8 V SPOKE 20" ALLOY WHEEL GENUINE | eBay

Please not "Rotors". Even A1/3s have Rotors now. Have a look at the 20" "V spokes". I had them on my RS5. Much better looking wheel (IMO).

AUDI RS4 B8 V SPOKE 20" ALLOY WHEEL GENUINE | eBay

I really like the Rotors as they seem to have been on most S8's I looked at. The wheels you have suggested are nice though. Have to check e-bay for 20 inch wheels I'm guessing like the Phaeton only certain wheels are able to take the weight .

There's less in it than you think, your new W12 is only about 200kg more than the RS4. The steel body on the Phaeton really piles on the pounds.

There's less in it than you think, your new W12 is only about 200kg more than the RS4. The steel body on the Phaeton really piles on the pounds.

Thanks, I looked into it a bit and the Audi is all aluminum so not quite the hefalump the Phaeton is. I'm still thinking I'll stick to the the 20 inch Rotors though.

Absolute awesome car, the W12 is a beast! Is it a 6.0 or 6.3??

I cant stand Audi's, but mate in that Colour it looks Superb! well done and finger's crossed it will be good to you :)

You won't like my next car then Gav lol (spoiler alert)

Absolute awesome car, the W12 is a beast! Is it a 6.0 or 6.3??

You won't like my next car then Gav lol (spoiler alert)

It's the 6.3 registered December 2015

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom