Going to say goodbye all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, seriously, football, politics and religion are banned subjects here?

How odd :s

I can't stand football, I have no religion and I haven't voted since I was 18, but banning them?

I was a political decision but he withdrew his own whip !!! The rules of da house is nix kissball, speaking of gods or pedlars of the fluff and bubbles of politiks is verboten.

We only have a handful of rules on this forum, we dont hide them, they are in plain few on the very front page of the forum.

If we allow a thread which is close to the mark we get reports that it should be closed, we close a thread we get threads like this that complain.
We dont set up rules for the fun of it, I have been on this forum for over 10 years and in that time all footie threads and all Political threads end up becoming wars.
We allowed the Brexit thread to stay as its such a major event. on virtually every page I had to edit posts and write a warning, I gave countless chances but still, people posted up Politicians names.

To the OP - You joined the forum, agreed to the rules, the rules were displayed on your screen yet you ignored them and created this thread. If you dont like the rules that you agreed to then Goodbye if your going.

Oh, and my Avatar, its a Nerf gun.

I hear you, and I understand. I'm just not a fan of banning things I guess, especially when they're things that grown adults should be able to have a respectful and educated conversation about.

Some of the best conversations/discussions I've ever had have been about religion! I love talking to a guy at my work who is very religious, about his and other religions. I just think it's a shame to ban the subjects, rather than booting out the people who are disrespectful or threatening when talking about these emotive subjects.

After all, it's the people who are the problem, and not the subject. If they're going to be disrespectful and rude, they'll do it no matter what the subject matter.

Just my opinion of course

Dave

If you want to discuss anything you like there is a site called Facebook...enjoy!

When I joined this forum it was good with regard to technical information,interesting projects and respectful dialog,well most of the time.

Admin have been seriously depleted with what seems like only Carl ( KillerHertz) at the helm,long standing members do not get involved as often as they use to.

An influx of post collectors akin to friend collectors on Facebook.

I no longer ask for advice on here as it is quicker to Google and have multiple sites
to compare answers.

I don't have Facebook, but thanks for the heads up.

What I have is an opinion, or is that not allowed martyz?

I wasnt being disrespectful, or rude, yet your response appears to me to be telling me that you don't want me here, all because I have an opinion.

Why else point me in the direction of FB :dk:

I don't have Facebook, but thanks for the heads up.

What I have is an opinion, or is that not allowed martyz?

I wasnt being disrespectful, or rude, yet your response appears to me to be telling me that you don't want me here, all because I have an opinion.

Why else point me in the direction of FB :dk:

Relax Dave, it's not personal.

No I know, it's just frustrating that I put up a genuine post about something that interests me and I have an opinion on, only to have someone tell me to foxtrot Oscar and discuss it elsewhere.

I don't think I was rude at all, and I don't think it deserved the reply it recieved

Btw, can someone point me in the direction of where I can find what can/cannot be discussed on here? Just that I can't find anything in the rules

Thanks

Dave

No I know, it's just frustrating that I put up a genuine post about something that interests me and I have an opinion on, only to have someone tell me to foxtrot Oscar and discuss it elsewhere.

I don't think I was rude at all, and I don't think it deserved the reply it recieved

Btw, can someone point me in the direction of where I can find what can/cannot be discussed on here? Just that I can't find anything in the rules

Thanks

Dave

Hi bud. It's at the top of every page, which maybe is part of the problem. It's a phenomenon known as "banner blindness" which might be why people don't tend to see it.

Religion and politics can offend, so are not permitted in this forum. Football topics are also not allowed, as they often turn nasty.

I had already stated that I didn't believe that it was personal martyz

Hi bud. It's at the top of every page, which maybe is part of the problem. It's a phenomenon known as "banner blindness" which might be why people don't tend to see it.

Thanks, see it now lol

Was looking in all the wrong places, and it was there all the time :)

Why do some have a pole shoved so far up their ar$e that they loose all sense of humour and become so dam touchy.

Grow up.

Why do some have a pole shoved so far up their ar$e that they loose all sense of humour and become so dam touchy.

Grow up.

Just out of curiosity, is that aimed at me or the OP?

How can you be sure it's not a .45?

It's either of the two. Given how beat up it looks, it's likely an aluminium variety instead of steel, and many more .38s were made out of alu, than .45s as they weren't sure of the robustness of alu to withstand thousands of rounds of the larger calibre. It was favoured for it's lightness to be carried as a sidearm.

Either way, it certainly ain't a nerf gun. :thumb:

Just out of curiosity, is that aimed at me or the OP?
This is exactly what I mean.

NOT AT YOU just in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom