Going to the dark side....... maybe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supaer

Car
Here - C63s AMG - GONE - C63 507 - Here - Golf R - Here - BMW M135i - GONE - M4 Competition
Hi all,

So after 9 months of ownership of the c63 i have to admit despite all the problems i do love it! However, the warranty is expiring and i am not sure i want to pay £1,200+ for 12 months extended warranty.

So i ask myself shall i switch to an M4. Prices seem to have tumbled on them and they look like pretty good value for money at the moment. The new c63 is more than i want to spend on a car at the moment so its not really in budget.

I know this isn't the best place to be seeking positive comments on the M4 (should post on the cutters for that) but i can't help thinking to switch for 12/18 months or keep the c63 for another 12 months then get an even better value M4.

I did drive an M4 for a week and was not overly impressed with it, however i think i may have been telling my self that as i didn't want it to be better.:banana:

Anyway pondering away today, any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Is the warranty really necessary? The depreciation of the M4 will by far outweigh any costs on the C63, whether you have a warranty or not. The M4 is nice but if your C63 has the right options I feel it's only a side step and not a step up from the C63.

I think you will regret it, and be hunting round for another C63 within a couple of months. Extended warranty on Merc ? ......Personally, if you could justify the cash, just do it. Other than that as Robby says above, solid reliable car, not a lot to worry about.

I do see what you mean, i know the value of the M4 will drop like a rock, my friend bought his 16 months ago for 70k plus and its worth less than 45k now!

The reason why i want warranty is my car has been in with MB for 6 weeks in total (did loads of previous posts) i have had loads of warranty work done in the region of 10k, which makes me think its worth getting if i keep the car, even though its remapped and secondary cats removed.

The M4 looks great, has warranty if i get a 12 month old one, however as you say value will plummett

i've only had Merc's for the last few years and currently in a C63, i've only had it a short while and there is no way I would even think (or missus allow!) me to replace it. However if I were to the M4 would be one of the very few cars that would sway me to the dark side. I think they look lovely, get great reviews and a good balance on size (between C and E class). I've never driven one so can't comment on that.

Hmm.. I'm of the same opinion, C63 has gone, and now seeking M4. A lot of 2 year old lease cars will soon become available with sub 40k price tags...

Don't do it. The C63 is still superior to the M4

Yeah it does feel more modern than c63 and that look with the LED lights is great!!

Wait until Autumn i guess, if anyone wants a sub 25k mileage c63 coupe 2013, let me know haha

I was having a look around a new M3 today and have to say its pretty nice inside and out. Not driven it though.

Right here I can chime in:

I recently had an M3 F80 on long term test drive from my friendly dealer and having owned M cars for years can say the F80 is the best yet.

The car without M button pressed and set up correctly is docile. Set up properly it is a weapon and frankly in the 63 I wouldn't even try to keep up on a twisty road. I would end up wrapped around a tree.

The BMW is more composed and the technology is far more modern.

However my C63 feels and is faster no doubt but I don't base my buying decisions on that alone.

I very nearly pulled the trigger last week on a brand new M3 with sensible spec and 18% discount for delivery March 1st. The only reason I didn't was because it would be foolish to lose on the c63 and still for me the deal wasn't quite right. £699 a month finance would have been then a balloon at the end which thinking with my head is madness.

On the upside the M3 is noticeably more economical and 24mpg was seen around town. 35+ mpg on motorway!!!

It is fun, does have drama and as a drivers car is better than the c63.

However in three years the car would go from a £65k RRP to £25k trade value. My 63 I was offered the same PX price as I paid retail for it in November and I've put 7k miles on it!!!

With the LCI and comp pack cars coming soon. Now is not a great time to buy.

Ahhhh thank you Stewart!! I think this is just what i wanted to hear!
I am with you, in 12/18 months i think i will look at getting one, especially the competition pack one as i previously had a e92 m3 comp.

The mpg is great, i remember having the m4 for a week and it was averaging around 23mpg. Maybe all us c63 drivers can go to a BMW dealership in 12 months time and get a huge group buy on m3/m4's!!!

I think i am going to get hunted down and shot for that comment on here!!!

I love AMG's really!!!!

Ahhhh thank you Stewart!! I think this is just what i wanted to hear!
I am with you, in 12/18 months i think i will look at getting one, especially the competition pack one as i previously had a e92 m3 comp.

The mpg is great, i remember having the m4 for a week and it was averaging around 23mpg. Maybe all us c63 drivers can go to a BMW dealership in 12 months time and get a huge group buy on m3/m4's!!!

I think i am going to get hunted down and shot for that comment on here!!!

I love AMG's really!!!!

I need to try the new C63 really properly and dare I say it the new C43 sounds appealing.

uh oh, not this c43 thing again lol!!

Yeah i would love a new c63 coupe, i just dont think in 12 months it will be at a price i am prepared to pay for it!!

Looks amazing though

Hi all,

So after 9 months of ownership of the c63 i have to admit despite all the problems i do love it! However, the warranty is expiring and i am not sure i want to pay £1,200+ for 12 months extended warranty.

So i ask myself shall i switch to an M4. Prices seem to have tumbled on them and they look like pretty good value for money at the moment. The new c63 is more than i want to spend on a car at the moment so its not really in budget.

I know this isn't the best place to be seeking positive comments on the M4 (should post on the cutters for that) but i can't help thinking to switch for 12/18 months or keep the c63 for another 12 months then get an even better value M4.

I did drive an M4 for a week and was not overly impressed with it, however i think i may have been telling my self that as i didn't want it to be better.:banana:

Anyway pondering away today, any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Is a C63 so bad that you need a hefty dealership warranty each 12 months to keep it on the road? I said a few days ago a Lexus ISF was a superb Motor, you certainly don't need anything other than an oil change each year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom